• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Blood is Thicker than Water [Claim]
    kharon

oh baby, I have not been kind

She was GONE!!

DAD!! 

He was panicking, well within reason. He hadn't realized until now, until she was straight up GONE how important she was to him. She'd had not a speck of their glorious metal or purple. She was so plain, as she often called herself. But tears were streaming silently down his frightened face. He'd searched the whole damn island and he couldn't hear her anymore. He hadn't heard her even thinking to leave!

He found Dad, metal necklace glinting beautifully as he ran, lean muscles coiling and stretching beneath his pristine lavender and white. His wings beat at his side to propel him forward but he'd been near enough not to require flight. Steely grey eyes locked onto Dad, slid to the strangers that held purple and silver of Dad's despicable family.

Bad blood.
    AGAIN.

His pace hiccuped as it registered. Another goddamn Purple Invasion. The fuck they'd be coming here to their island! Why couldn't they just leave them the fuck alone already? His face hardened and he bolted forward to join Dad, halting at his side and glaring at them, his head held high with determination.

"You have already tried to claim our home once. You should have kept it while you had it. Your loss was of your own choice. We will not be conceding to you again." His voice was sharp and firm, and he paused long enough to consider what Mom would say were she here, a stab of pain in his heart that she was missing.

"Tiphon leads this haven. It is not free to claim and we do not accept a second round of your Purple Invasion. Leave." It was just what Mom would say. Probably. Could have even come from her mouth were she here to say it herself.

His strength faltered momentarily and he glanced at Dad, suddenly connecting their arrival with the timing of Mother's disappearance. He reached out and touched across Dad's neck so lightly, murmured softly in a shaky whisper. "She's gone, Dad. I searched everywhere." His eyes pleaded for Dad to know where she's gone, if she was okay. That's his Momma, plain as she might be. I left Kali with Umbra. I didn't want to frighten her more. His eyes sharpened again into silver daggers as he turned them on the unwelcome temporary guests.

I wish I could scrape away the dirt that's on my mind

Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy

Messages In This Thread
    Blood is Thicker than Water [Claim] - by Kromium - 11-23-2018, 10:39 AM
    RE: Blood is Thicker than Water [Claim] - by Kharon - 11-23-2018, 06:00 PM
    RE: Blood is Thicker than Water [Claim] - by Kove - 11-23-2018, 07:39 PM