• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Blood is Thicker than Water [Claim]
    Somebody was making a hell of a lot of noise, but it wasn’t one of his, so he didn’t give a shit. At first. Then the noise got louder, and it was clear he was gonna have to go have a word with some of their new neighbors before they started disturbing Kali, who was fragile the fuck enough already without random neighing driving everyone batty. He was busy trying to keep his goddamn family together, but yeah okay sure, why not? Baby needed some peace, he’d make damn sure she got it.

He was already In A Mood from the noise, and then his silver eyes settled on the new neighbors in question. One was iron like him, and the other had a hint of purple to her. Either of those things would have instantly put Kirby on guard, but both of them combined brought out the worst in him. Family meant trouble, universally. Other than his kids, of course. They were safe, they were his, they were home. Any other blood though, odds were high they were tainted by the Cove’s influence even generations later. He knew how well that shit tended to stick, and he was not inclined to let it touch his babies.

Also it was creepy as fuck seeing another example of Kirin’s success, concentrating the blood and bringing out the iron that slept in so many of them. Just disturbing on a visceral level. If it weren’t for the insane amount of trauma his family had already been through lately, and how they were all still trying to pull themselves together somehow, maybe he would’ve given the guy the benefit of some kinda doubt, loud and grabby or no. Unfortunately for them all, that was not the case.

“The fuck you will,” Kirby answered, his eyes flashing as he stomped closer. “Truuuust me, princess, there’s plenty of voices ready to speak for this island, and it’s sure as fuck not big enough for two shiny metal bitches. I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess you’re Kirin blood, and we’re good and brimming with that. So if you don’t wanna stick to Tephra and that stick-up-his-ass Offspring’s rule, that’s cool, crawl back to the Cove we dug our way out of and claim the homeland for your branch of our fucked up family, huh? I'm sure it'd make Daddy proud to populate that place with iron blood again, and me and mine are sure as fuck not gonna be the ones doing it. We don’t need Tephra when it’s led by a humorless twat who thinks he can show up all holier-than-thou, rain fire on us and make us all play nice, and yeah no, sorry, this island’s takennnn.”

((I am so sorry. :| Kirby is a diiiick and he doesn't play nice with family. Other than his babies. They don't count.))
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    Blood is Thicker than Water [Claim] - by Kromium - 11-23-2018, 10:39 AM
    RE: Blood is Thicker than Water [Claim] - by Kerberos - 11-23-2018, 05:03 PM
    RE: Blood is Thicker than Water [Claim] - by Kove - 11-23-2018, 07:39 PM