• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Blood is Thicker than Water [Claim]
    They wait.  His voice, echoed off into oblivion, has long since died out.  Emerald ears and eyes alike search the tropical inland for any sign of life.  He hears nothing.  Sees nothing.

Kove grows impatient at his side.  Soon turning to the shoreline to seek something to indulge her curiosity.  She is quick to find sea crustaceans skittering about, and begins to chase them down the white sands.  He watches cautiously as any dotting brother would do.

When she has reached the edge of his comfort in distance, he calls her back.  They were strangers to this land and if it was anything like the last, there were sure to be monsters lurking within.  

Kove turns with a huff of irritation before making her way back.  This time she drags the distance between them in boredom.  As always she begins to question everything.  Where is everyone? Why are we not searching? What is the plan?  He is quick to quiet her concerns, “Be patient sister.  We have come to align this kingdom with Tephra, and if no one has put claim to her, than we shall.”  He gives a confidant smile before pressing his nose to her cheek.  

They have waited long enough.  And so he calls out once again to alert any claimer of the island of his intent, “I have come from Tephra to offer an alliance.  But if there is no one to speak for this land than I shall.”  The iron stallion stands ready for any who should arrive now...

Ooc: wrote this at work but wanted to get this up.  Smile
    Somebody was making a hell of a lot of noise, but it wasn’t one of his, so he didn’t give a shit. At first. Then the noise got louder, and it was clear he was gonna have to go have a word with some of their new neighbors before they started disturbing Kali, who was fragile the fuck enough already without random neighing driving everyone batty. He was busy trying to keep his goddamn family together, but yeah okay sure, why not? Baby needed some peace, he’d make damn sure she got it.

He was already In A Mood from the noise, and then his silver eyes settled on the new neighbors in question. One was iron like him, and the other had a hint of purple to her. Either of those things would have instantly put Kirby on guard, but both of them combined brought out the worst in him. Family meant trouble, universally. Other than his kids, of course. They were safe, they were his, they were home. Any other blood though, odds were high they were tainted by the Cove’s influence even generations later. He knew how well that shit tended to stick, and he was not inclined to let it touch his babies.

Also it was creepy as fuck seeing another example of Kirin’s success, concentrating the blood and bringing out the iron that slept in so many of them. Just disturbing on a visceral level. If it weren’t for the insane amount of trauma his family had already been through lately, and how they were all still trying to pull themselves together somehow, maybe he would’ve given the guy the benefit of some kinda doubt, loud and grabby or no. Unfortunately for them all, that was not the case.

“The fuck you will,” Kirby answered, his eyes flashing as he stomped closer. “Truuuust me, princess, there’s plenty of voices ready to speak for this island, and it’s sure as fuck not big enough for two shiny metal bitches. I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess you’re Kirin blood, and we’re good and brimming with that. So if you don’t wanna stick to Tephra and that stick-up-his-ass Offspring’s rule, that’s cool, crawl back to the Cove we dug our way out of and claim the homeland for your branch of our fucked up family, huh? I'm sure it'd make Daddy proud to populate that place with iron blood again, and me and mine are sure as fuck not gonna be the ones doing it. We don’t need Tephra when it’s led by a humorless twat who thinks he can show up all holier-than-thou, rain fire on us and make us all play nice, and yeah no, sorry, this island’s takennnn.”

((I am so sorry. :| Kirby is a diiiick and he doesn't play nice with family. Other than his babies. They don't count.))
    Bite my shiny metal ass.
    kharon

oh baby, I have not been kind

She was GONE!!

DAD!! 

He was panicking, well within reason. He hadn't realized until now, until she was straight up GONE how important she was to him. She'd had not a speck of their glorious metal or purple. She was so plain, as she often called herself. But tears were streaming silently down his frightened face. He'd searched the whole damn island and he couldn't hear her anymore. He hadn't heard her even thinking to leave!

He found Dad, metal necklace glinting beautifully as he ran, lean muscles coiling and stretching beneath his pristine lavender and white. His wings beat at his side to propel him forward but he'd been near enough not to require flight. Steely grey eyes locked onto Dad, slid to the strangers that held purple and silver of Dad's despicable family.

Bad blood.
    AGAIN.

His pace hiccuped as it registered. Another goddamn Purple Invasion. The fuck they'd be coming here to their island! Why couldn't they just leave them the fuck alone already? His face hardened and he bolted forward to join Dad, halting at his side and glaring at them, his head held high with determination.

"You have already tried to claim our home once. You should have kept it while you had it. Your loss was of your own choice. We will not be conceding to you again." His voice was sharp and firm, and he paused long enough to consider what Mom would say were she here, a stab of pain in his heart that she was missing.

"Tiphon leads this haven. It is not free to claim and we do not accept a second round of your Purple Invasion. Leave." It was just what Mom would say. Probably. Could have even come from her mouth were she here to say it herself.

His strength faltered momentarily and he glanced at Dad, suddenly connecting their arrival with the timing of Mother's disappearance. He reached out and touched across Dad's neck so lightly, murmured softly in a shaky whisper. "She's gone, Dad. I searched everywhere." His eyes pleaded for Dad to know where she's gone, if she was okay. That's his Momma, plain as she might be. I left Kali with Umbra. I didn't want to frighten her more. His eyes sharpened again into silver daggers as he turned them on the unwelcome temporary guests.

I wish I could scrape away the dirt that's on my mind

Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy
    Kromium
    Blood is Thicker than Water

Finally someone shows in a fury of hell fire raining down upon them.  He is shocked and not, all at the same time.  Claiming a home that may or may not be taken was a gamble but at least he got someones attention.

What he definitely doesn't expect is the horse to first show looking very much like him.  At first he is trying to place if he has met this equine before and for a moment he is transported in time to when he was much younger.  A story he had heard from a lavender mare along the beaches of Ischia.  Assuring him that others lived like him and that he would not perish because of his gifts.  

He is lost deep in thought but not enough that he does not guard his sister from any violence this stallion could unleash.  The horse continues ranting and he can barely understand what the horse is making reference to.  Who is Offspring?  Who is Kirin?  Why are they supposed to go to some cove?  The confusion is as clear on his face as the metal that makes his body, and then another enters.  This one panicked almost in a different way.  His emerald eyes shift to find a lavender and white winged horse and more memories surface.  Kylin... the name comes to him just then.

For a moment he thinks these horses to be struck with illness because clearly they are hallucinating images of someone else.  Nevertheless he allows them this moment to speak and another name arrives to his ears, Tiphon.  When finally they quiet he gives a gentle shake to his head, trying to place all that was said into sense.  None is found so he looks again to the metallic horse, "I am afraid I do not know anything you speak of... Either of you.  Clearly there is some misunderstanding and an explanation."  He doesn't offer a smile but a gentle nod to his head, "I am Kromium.  I do not know of this Kirin, nor Offspring."  His gaze shifts to the lavender pegasus, "I did not partake in any purple invasion."  His interest though is slightly peaked at what a purple invasion was but he allows the thought to fizzle out.  

He can feel his curious sibling brush against his side and allows her name to be known, "And this is my younger sister Kove."  With all the tension and testosterone thick in the air he can feel her gentle light against him.  Never one to let any situation sour her mood, she peers over his back with questions at the ready he is sure.  Specifically when it is made known that someone is lost.  Her silver-lavender eyes grow wide with a tiny gasp escaping her lungs.

Kove
    Take Me to the Waters Edge

This island reminded me of Ischia, so much so I can feel the warmth of my mother's touch within the sea breeze.  My mind wandering and so do my legs follow.  Leading down the granule beaches, muzzle to the ground.  A rosey pink shell lays curled into the tide and my eyes examine each curved twist of bone.  With the sea waters lapping at my hooves, I am lost to this moment.  The gulls screech above me, drowning out -forever how briefly- the demanding voice of my brother calling me back to his side.

Begrudgingly I comply and at a leisurely walk I return.  My question of who, why and when are swiftly answered with a vague reply and I huff a deep breath from my lungs.  Slumping my shoulders in boredom as I settle in beside him.  At least I could see the ocean from here and get lost in the rhythm of the waves...

My daydreaming is harshly interrupted by a rough voice full of accusations.  My delicate face turns to view something that looks strikingly familiar to my brother but in a purplish tone.  I can feel the animosity building and Kroms body turns to shield me.  Still curious I peer from behind him and as I do, another has arrived.  All purple and white, with wings to boot.  

There is a giddiness that fights its way to the surface as this can only mean one thing. FAMILY! It wasn't the family I had been looking for originally but they were just as good.  In my happiness a glow of light begins to extend from my body and warm the metallic surface of my brother.  He is quick to remember I am here and ready to meet new people, so he introduces me.  Something the pegasus says though dims my light and I am quick to slip from behind my brother.  "Who's gone?!"  My voice is laced with genuine concern as my eyes focus on the pegasus.

I knew what is was like to have those you love disappear, and as I think of those in my life, my muzzle reaches for the suspended jewel resting against my breast.  A gift created by my brother, the gem was never far from me and so neither was my sister.  

Glancing to Krom with equal concern I am quick to offer my assistance, "I can help you look for them! If you'd like."  Nearly three years old, I have been left unhardened by a cruel world.  It wasn't that I hadn't known the trials of life, but I had chose a lighter path.  All of my siblings had.  Some may call it naive, but there was nothing childish about caring for others...

@[Kerberos] @[Kharon]
    BUT HOW COULD YOU KNOW THE SWEETEST SUFFERING
    OF MOVING ON
    Exhaustion has hit him, and there are mornings when blood dribbles from his nostrils to streak his muzzle. Everything in him hurts, but when he spreads his own magic across his body, Tiphon can at least cope and mask the discomfort. Each day, he is utilizing his own power to assist others in addition to himself. He wants this to be a sanctuary, and thus far, his imagination is coming to fruition. There are voices carrying across the island. They brush away the cobwebs and create a music that this land has not heard for quite some time. The island had been a stagnant piece lost in the faeries’ magic, but since berthing it from the depths again, she has thrived.

It's all he could ever ask for.

Faces sprout from every corner, and he has enabled each and every one to live out a secluded lifestyle. He doesn’t badger them or demand anything from them. Refuge, he repeats to himself, until the chaos dies away and until there is a need for order. In the meantime, there is no harm in having families reunite and humbly tend to themselves until all of this passes. He intervenes only when necessary.

Slipping among the foliage, Tiphon is drawn to a new cluster of voices that state something of an alliance with Tephra. With a furrowed brow, he placidly looms to grab as much information before stepping from underneath the shade of a palm tree. Politics have been a thing to brush away as of late. With so many infected and dying, it boggles him to think there are ulterior motives afoot. It isn’t even just politics, however, but also an inclusion of family dramatics that surpasses Tiphon’s knowledge.

It’s reassuring to hear his name spoken with affirmation that the land is accounted for. They announce to the strangers that he oversees the island. There is no hostility tucked behind the words. They are, seemingly, content with him having claimed the resort.

A smile touches his lips – freshly cleaned in the water to remove traces of blood – as he steps forward, his magic lacing itself into his muscles to again hide any signs of the infection. Although it has been decades since his last fight, he still carries himself as a proud soldier would. It’s simply his nature as a guardian, a protector. Inclining his head, he flickers his eyes across the faces. ”I’m Tiphon,” he settles into the confidence of his own name, confirming that he is real, that he is the overseer and claimant that they’ve told the outsiders. With a quirked brow, he adds, ”Politics? Why concern yourself with politics and alliances so soon into a catastrophic plague?” Many want power, he assumes, and a higher hand in the madness. It seems premature in his eyes, but then again, Tiphon hasn’t yet involved himself in any of the ongoings outside of this island.

TIPHON
    STARLACE AND INFECTION

Sorry for the delay!

@[Kromium]
    Nothing else mattered the second Kharon’s panicked shout rang out in his head. Kirby instantly showed him where he was, a beacon for his boy to race to his side. What’s wrong, baby? he asked, leaning in to press his side against Kharon’s, a quiet reminder that he wasn’t alone. I’m here, I’ve got you.

But he didn’t fuss over him or nuzzle him or sneak kisses to his cheek, his forehead, lip at his gorgeous forelock, not while there were far too familiar strangers about and apparently trouble brewing. Just focused on how damn much he loved his boy, and how he’d do his damndest to make whatever was wrong better.

God, and his boy was fantastic, wasn’t he? Being all strong and diplomatic and fuck-off with a hint of formality where Kirby defaulted straight to sass. They were good at balancing each other like that. Smart kid, huh? And to throw Tiphon into the mix, so clever, good point, take advantage of the fact that somebody else wanted to be the head honcho here. God, wasn’t he brilliant? Best kid.

Again though, all of it faded away the second Kharon told him what had him in such a frantic state. She’s gone. Fuck, there were only so many shes that could be, to put that look in his eyes. “None of your fucking business,” he bit back at honestly whoever it was who asked the question, he barely heard it to begin with, while passing the question straight back to Kharon. Who, baby? Kali? Kylin? Lacey? No, not Kali, he left Kali with Umbra. Okay. That was one safe, thank fuck.

In an act of perfect timing, Tiphon showed up to take care of shit. “Tiphon. Great. You deal with this shit, I’ve gotta find my girl.” Whether that meant his already timelost and alienated daughter or his stubborn goddamn beautiful woman, he still didn’t know, but it was only a matter of time before Kharon filled him in. “Fuckin' Tephra’s tryna take over, and/or my extended family’s a goddamn nightmare and shouldn’t be trusted, take your pick. Either way, I don’t have time for this shit. You wanna be in charge, awesome, you take care of it.”

And with nothing more than that, he ushered Kharon away so they could find their missing lady. Fuck. Whichever that might be.

((Okay sorry, Kromium's turn, apparently Kirby and Kharon gotta bounce and hunt down their Lacey. D: Good luck.))
    Bite my shiny metal ass.
    Kromium

He is baffled.  Which takes quite a bit to do honestly.  The iron horse who clearly thinks he knows him, lashes out with frustration at clearly some misunderstanding.  And this is apparent by the creased metal lines of the emerald tinted stallions face.  

He is however not shocked by Kove.  When she shows concern for the one who is missing and offers help -that is quickly refused- without thought.  She is selfless and kind.  And with the obvious hint of lavender that is present on all three, she assumes(no, hopes) they are family.  But her bright, worried expression turns to shame when the pair begin to move off with a bittered edge.  His emerald muzzle reaches to reassure her, he is there and without protest she leans into him for comfort -lavender eyes still watching the purple pair of equines moving away...

Krom has not unnoticed the golden dipped pegasus who has arrived and offered an identity and asking questions.  The concern for his sister and the situation at hand turn with a shocked expression, to the one called Tiphon, "Well...that was...strange."  Quickly he clears his throat and mind to address the winged horse with a dip of his head, "We are visiting the lands of the west to see if there are any who seek refuge in Tephra actually.  Starting with Ischia as they are the plagued region of the west faction, but seeing as we hadn't found any of our family that used to reside there, we were hoping they had sought shelter here."  His emerald eyes flicker to where the lavender pair had gone off to, "Seems we may have found others, but they did not live on Ischia when my mother Krone reigned there.  A lot has changed recently with the shift of lands and we have come to find a scaled stallion has claimed my birth home.  He seems less inclined to an alliance of any sorts."  He doesn't add his personal opinion of the Kelpie King for everyone is entitled to their own... 

His head dips as suddenly, in the chaos, he had not stated his own name, "My apologizes, my name is Kromium and this is my sister Kove.  We have lived in Tephra for some time now, and just recently I have passed the Overseer responsibility to Magnus.  Our ideal remains the same though, Tephra is very family oriented and welcoming of any who wish to call it home... Tell me Tiphon, what is the Islands stance in the wake of this tragedy?"  He does hope it is not the same as who now holds Ischia.  It would be beneficial for the lands to be united on the same front...

@[Tiphon] you can go, Kove is traumatized atm lol
    BUT HOW COULD YOU KNOW THE SWEETEST SUFFERING
    OF MOVING ON
    ”It certainly was,” Tiphon placidly agrees as his molten eyes follow Kerberos across the sand and into the palm trees. Quietly, curiously, he stares until the vegetation has fallen still, abandoned by the lavender male in his hunt. Blinking, Tiphon weighs the proclamation of the stallion, taking into consideration what may or can be. This conversation is seemingly dire. Futures lie in wait, with bated breath. This island has seemingly enjoyed its isolation from the mainland; even Tiphon has admittedly enjoyed the seclusion. Here, he can step away and shroud his mind in nothingness. Relaxation and tranquility are supplied in abundance which seems to be a rarity across their world.

The idea of preserving that is strong, but diplomacies could bear potential.

Kromium’s ultimate reason draws Tiphon from his confusion and whirling thoughts. A slow turn of his head steadies his gaze on the metal gleaming in the sunlight. ”Refuge?” Oddly, he is surprised by the notion and his interrogative tone betrays that. ”You’re searching for and pulling individuals into Tephra?” Their family wasn’t in Ischia, he noted, and so there appears to be a hunt to lure them to a reputable, and safe, land. ”I imagine if they wanted to be found, they would join you.” Tiphon’s voice is flat, not at all coarse as he continues to extract information and make sense of it all.

A scaled stallion – another bit of information tossed on the table between them – is disinclined toward an alliance. An interesting stance, admittedly, that piques Tiphon’s curiosity, but he hides his expression with a distant glance to the ocean. His forelock tumbles down his face like a waterfall, the gold catching the sunlight radiantly. ”Fortunately, this island is also a refuge to any and all. I do not know your family, although it sounds as though you may be related to Kerberos.” A tilt of his head implies the stallion that left them only moments prior, his exclamation still resonating. It forges a wall around Tiphon’s thoughts, his mind safely guarded as he mulls over the ulterior motives at hand. It could be nothing at all, he considers, or it could mean the sanctity of his home.

Inhaling a slow breath, he recalls what he had advised Wallace when she asked a similar question. A shrug ripples through Tiphon’s shoulders initially because he doesn’t have an extravagant answer. ”Survival,” he admits coolly, ”I can heal some symptoms of this awful plague, and honestly, that’s where my concerns lie at the moment. There are families here from different places. I’ve offered an escape. I will worry myself with organization once all of this subsides.” Their lives and health hold the utmost priority. Politics and diplomacy? With so much happening across Beqanna, Tiphon cannot fathom trekking out to forge alliances.

His family here is too important to set aside for such trivial things.

TIPHON
    STARLACE AND INFECTION

@[Kromium]
    Kromium

Refuge?

The singular word wrapped in question confuses him.  As does what comes next.  Suddenly he is unsure if those who called here home knew anything outside the island, and anything of present Tephra. "Well of course," he answers with a rise of brow, "Tephra is a sanctuary and would be willing to house any who found themselves homeless due to the plague." He adds, "It seems by your friends comment that perhaps Tephra had a darker history than I am unaware of, but I can assure you it is a friendly kingdom and only wishes to help in this time of need."  His eyes turned sorrowed for the stallions next comment of his family, but he wasn't about to think the worst had happened, not with Kove at his side.  So he holds his tongue.

His body shifts to settle beneath the shade of a large palm.  Emerald eyes vigilant to the stallion but also aware of his sisters movements and wandering gaze.  She worries, for family she has not seen in years and so he leans into her gently- reassuringly.  

Ears flicker to Tiphons next statement.  Finding it a relief and quite opposite of the situation currently in Ischia.  He gives a gentle smile, "I am glad to hear the Island is in good hands than." His eyes shift to the place where the lavender horses had disappeared at the mention of Kerberos.  His tone is of both interest and caution, "I suppose we are.  A lot of us have called Ischia home for generations.  It is sad to see it has fallen in the wake of the plague... I only hope to see it rise again one day." He speaks obviously of the rule there being returned to a haven for all.

With a shift of his gaze to the speaking stallion, he considers all that is said.  Of survival and sickness, as well as kingdom duties.  He too had left Tephra to offer help versus bicker about politics.  Though his visit to Ischia has caused him for concern over the areas safety. The tone in his voice rises with realization that some here suffer illness, "How many here are sick?"  The lavender locked filly stirs at his side at the mention of sickness.  Wide eyed and shocked she awaits the figure...

@[Tiphon]