• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sing a song that doesn’t sin || Colby Pony ||

Darling leave the light on for me
    I'll be there before you close the door

Fix your face, he remembers being told once as a boy and then, as now, he finds the idea preposterous. When he catches the sound of her introduction (a voice that was light, very becoming) he raises a typically unenthusiastic head the same as he’s done countless times before and in that moment, Vadar is outside of himself. He knows good and well what he looks like: an expression of wild amusement (sinister almost) framed in black and accentuated with a most unusual set of eyes, all of which gave the overall appearance that he was someone not to be bothered.

Annoyingly, this often drew the interest of horses who assumed he was aligned with some malicious intent or another which, laughingly, couldn’t be farther from the truth. “I’m more afraid of being alive.” He offers as an ironic reply, secretly pleased that the two of them are nearly equal in height. What looks to him like a dainty, tall pony is really just a mature filly. Apparently both aren’t exactly what they seem. “Starsin … I’m Vadar.”

Why was he doing this? He can feel it sink in again - that gnawing desire to connect with someone, anyone really - but he shakes it loose with some effort on his part and takes to glancing down at her coat. It seemed unlike any gray he’d ever seen and yet, at the same time, it was exactly like every other dappled animal he’d come across. Perhaps it was due to the fact that her markings were clustered in odd arrangements and, if he’d been one who was used to flying or navigating in the dark it might’ve struck him immediately, but it isn’t until he scans across the sloping curve of her shoulder that the connection sinks in.

“The ladle!” He blurts out, remembering it as the most recognizable constellation from boyhood. Wound, his dam, was fond of stargazing but he’d never caught on himself. Still, some things stick and that blocky, uneven square with the upcurved tail clearly had been stored away for a moment like this. “Interesting.” He remarks, this time producing a genuine white-lipped smile. “The gods won’t be too happy that you stole their handiwork for yourself.”

@[Starsin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Sing a song that doesn’t sin || Colby Pony || - by Vadar - 11-25-2018, 01:24 PM