• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [mature]  how time twines around your neck; lepis
    I wait, with only the thud of my heart to remind me that an eternity is not passing as I do. I grasp the thread of my magic tighter, weaving a thousand simple strands into a barrier, donning them in a cloak I have not worn since I fled Sylva. In the woods, I had never taken it off: always defensive, always on edge, always waiting. It feels foreign in this paradise of a land, but as I feel it settle around me it is with a still-familiar weight, a reminder of how freeing it is to feel nothing at all.

My emotion is on the outside and my mind is clear, so when Elektrum refuses with a single word I am more than prepared.

I expect an attack from the set of his pinned ears, the darkness in his eyes, and the tension in my wings loosens without conscious thought: ready to flare or flee or fight.

And then he is gone.

“Wha…” The word isn’t fully formed before he is back, moved behind me in an impossible way that might have surprised me more a month ago. (These days I have an invisible son, and turning toward wherever he reappears have become second nature).

He’s visible only with the edge of my wide vision, but the heat of his breath is enough to pinpoint his location.

Enough to give me a target.

The kick isn’t especially powerful – I have little range to draw back – but my hoof is not the only thing I send toward him. The same heady mix of fear and panic that I’ve drawn from within me sails toward him as well, as intangible as his thousand worlds.

With my feet under me again I spin to face him, wings half-flared and my ears lost in the frosted tangle of my blue mane.

“Go Away!” I repeat, the meekness of our first meeting replaced with the calm of pseudo-sociopathy.

ooc: okay this was terrible and i’m sorry D:
    @[Elektrum] @[Wolfbane]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: how time twines around your neck; lepis - by Lepis - 12-26-2018, 06:44 PM