• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Home is in the sky; Anninux, any
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

Indeed, the shift of homes for the majority of Hyalinians has been difficult. Despite what I'd had to say in the kingdom meeting about our home being the sanctuary provided to us through the presence of one another, it's not as easy to feel that way when all you've known is Hyaline. And yes, I've known other homes before, but that was decades ago, before the Reckoning, when things were so very different. When I emerged from the Beyond, the first kingdom I ever set foot in was Hyaline, and the first person I ever met there was Solace.

My eyes go to the southwest, to the peaks of the mountains that hold the many hideaways that I and my family used to frequent. The change is hard, and I do not know how I will overcome it; at least for the others, they may return to Hyaline at their own bidding. I must stay here and preserve myself, for the good of the Sanctuary.

Two figures appear on the border, a sight I am somewhat used to seeing these days as stragglers from Hyaline make their way to the Cove; but one I immediately recognize as Ilma due to the radiance of her sunshine wings, and the other I do not recognize at all. She has a similar Arabian heritage to me, though purer. Intrigued, I shift from where I had been standing along the coast, cantering loftily over the terra until I pull up near the pair.

The dark Arabian seems intent on memorizing her new surroundings, though by the appearance of her (and of her ribs) she ought to be intent on eating. She reminds me of my step mother Insignificance like that, all skin and bones; but I do not stare as I make my approach, instead smiling gently.

"Ilma!" I laugh, skipping the last few steps toward her to pull her into an unusually fond embrace. I don't get to see my friend and ambassador as often any more, because she has duties away from the kingdom that I can no longer attend to; thus, this reunion is a rather happy one for me. I speak again as I pull away, a big smile colouring my expression. "It is so good to see you again, I hope you are well? How is Beqanna doing? I trust you've seen far more of it than I have, as of late."

Remembering myself, I step back and pivot my hips such that I am also facing the newcomer. "And who have you brought with you?" I step forward with the words, extending my nose such that the beautiful Arabian might exchange breath with me in the Old Way of greeting. I wonder if she will take much notice of the ghastly, alien scar which strikes across my face from ear to opposite nostril, or perhaps of the enormous antlers that sit atop my skull.

"I am Kagerus, the Caretaker of Silver Cove. It is a pleasure to meet you."

@[Ilma] @[Anninux]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Home is in the sky; Anninux, any - by Ilma - 11-13-2018, 04:49 PM
    RE: Home is in the sky; Anninux, any - by Anninux - 11-13-2018, 05:10 PM
    RE: Home is in the sky; Anninux, any - by Kagerus - 11-18-2018, 05:53 PM
    RE: Home is in the sky; Anninux, any - by Anninux - 11-19-2018, 08:29 AM
    RE: Home is in the sky; Anninux, any - by Ilma - 11-25-2018, 03:33 PM
    RE: Home is in the sky; Anninux, any - by Anninux - 11-25-2018, 04:57 PM
    RE: Home is in the sky; Anninux, any - by Kagerus - 12-02-2018, 04:57 PM