• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

tuesday i was through with hoping; Litotes
    litotes

Kensa is warm and comforting against his side, a constant uplifting presence even when she is not at her best. Litotes closes his eyes and basks in the beauty that surrounds him - a beauty he feels he just wandered into on accident. He watches as the sun brightens her naturally dark coat, now milk chocolate and glistening while her mane sparkles like gold. Kensa is perfect, he thinks, feverous and fading fast - like a dark angel in this lighting.

The air is still as the liver chestnut tucks her head into the cremello’s chest. He drops his chin to the top of her nape, nibbling so softly and absently down the line of her neck that his touch is barely there. Where her crest meets her withers he rests his head, his too-warm cheek leaning softly on the sturdy curve of her shoulder. For the second that they sit in silence they look like a painting, so still and picturesque in the dying light. Lie is breathing in his counterpart’s sweet scent when she replies, stripping his sickly reverie away in an instant. He does not take his touch from her, instead opening his eyes wide in embarrassment and staring manically at her staring at stomach.

A laugh - sudden and misplaced - breaks the mildly tense silence. Lie lifts his head to shake it, bemused and playfully irritated with himself.

“I, uh -” he stops, stuttering and blushing and tripping over his tongue. “Well, if that is something we both want . . .” but again he pauses, realizing she didn’t argue or seem surprised. This realization evolves into another one: he may love Kensa, beyond the butterflies and the beauty; he may love her - of course, right? - because the thought of having a family with her fulfills him, fits the last piece of this chapter’s puzzle directly into place. Lie smiles to himself, burying his muzzle into her fragrant mane, a private moment he dares not to divulge.

“Come,” Lie begins, voice muffled by the hair over his mouth, “let’s find somewhere to rest.”

Are you ever going to tell her? Rune quips, trailing Lie as he turns to step a few feet from the cliff. Lie huffs and begins to dig out a two horse sized hole in the snow at the base of one of the aspens. I don’t know that I can, he snaps back, infuriated by the truth of that statement. Lie drops to the ground, masking the private conversation from just a second before. He stares up at Kensa, offering her a goofy smile and droopy eyes.

i don't want your pity, i just want somebody near me
    guess i'm a coward, i just want to feel all right

@[Kensa]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: tuesday i was through with hoping; Litotes - by litotes - 12-08-2018, 09:17 PM