• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I smile in the face of fear; Lynx
    My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see
    He could never hope to comprehend the clamour she must feel inside her own mind on a daily basis. Couldn’t pretend to know what his own daughter would experience with the gift she’d inherited. But he does know he could love them both. That they need never fear his thoughts. That he would build them a safe haven if he must. It saddens him momentarily that they might never enjoy the world the way he does. That he could enjoy the loud and boisterous that would only make them ache.

But Lynx had learned to have some control over her ability, and he harbors little doubt their daughter would too. He would make sure she had a safe world in which to do so. That much at least, he could do. She could experience the beautiful before she ever had to learn of the ugly.

With an amused smile, he brushes his lips over her cheek, her closed eye, down the finely crafted hollows of her nose. His eyes meet hers openly when she finally looks up at him, her gaze softer than he had seen it before. His lips twitch at her words, a soft hum escaping his throat as she brushes her nose gently across his cheek. “Impossible,” he quips in a low, amused tone. “And you definitely shouldn’t be sorry.”

When their daughter settles at her mother’s feet, Fox drops his gaze to roam lovingly over her for a moment. Lynx shifts to nuzzle Persea, whispering gently into the downy fur of her small forehead. Persea blinks sleepily at her mother, offering her a sweet smile, a tiny nod, before sinking into slumber.

Fox presses closer to Lynx as she looks back up at him, her face so open and lovely and aching. He rubs his nose soothingly along her neck as he presses warmly, comfortingly, against her. He does not need to be a mind reader to read the worry that she now feels. “She’ll be ok,” he whispers, his breath warm against her skin. “We’re not your parents.”

No matter what awaits her out in the world, their daughter would learn only joy and happiness here, with them. If there is anything Fox excels at, it is that.
    Fox

Messages In This Thread
    I smile in the face of fear; Lynx - by Fox - 11-09-2018, 01:22 PM
    RE: I smile in the face of fear; Lynx - by lynx - 11-11-2018, 11:39 PM
    RE: I smile in the face of fear; Lynx - by Fox - 11-15-2018, 05:26 PM
    RE: I smile in the face of fear; Lynx - by lynx - 11-23-2018, 06:27 PM
    RE: I smile in the face of fear; Lynx - by Fox - 11-27-2018, 05:20 PM
    RE: I smile in the face of fear; Lynx - by lynx - 12-04-2018, 02:19 AM
    RE: I smile in the face of fear; Lynx - by Fox - 12-06-2018, 02:49 PM
    RE: I smile in the face of fear; Lynx - by Persea - 12-06-2018, 02:53 PM
    RE: I smile in the face of fear; Lynx - by lynx - 12-07-2018, 11:24 PM
    RE: I smile in the face of fear; Lynx - by Fox - 12-13-2018, 11:11 AM