• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I smile in the face of fear; Lynx
    My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see
    He would have adored knowing her thoughts. Laughing at the irritably affectionate way she considered him in her own mind. Fortunately he doesn’t, but that does not prevent him from being entirely convinced she needs a little light-heartedness in her life. Namely, him. Even if she still struggles to admit it, she wouldn’t have him any other way.

Really, Fox is not conceited at all. Truly.

Though, to be fair, he does know her far better than she wants him to. And that must count for something. After all, when she curls against him in slumber or in the afterglow of their… other activities, everything he could want to know is written there in her lovely face and body.

She might wear that mask for everyone else, but he knows just how to remove it now. And we already know Fox is not a shy stallion about such matters.

She hadn’t had to stay, of course. But she had. And even if she cannot say it in words quite yet, it tells Fox everything. Delighting him in every way possible.

A low chuckle escapes his lips at her rather huffy quip as he trails his lips along the curve of her jaw before nibbling tenderly at the hollow of her throat. “Oh, it’s not so bad,” he responds, the humor in his tone matching the brightness in his eye. “Besides, isn’t that what you have me for?”

He places a soft kiss directly over the sensitive flesh he’d been teasing before withdrawing abruptly, a broad grin quirking his lips. Her softer greeting delights him, and he closes in once more. This time though, he trails his lips lightly along her rounded stomach before pressing his face against the firm curve. He waits patiently until a gentle kick presses against his cheek, causing him to pull away and laugh in delight. “I can’t wait to meet her,” he says softly then, pressing another kiss her Lynx’s belly. “What will we name her?”

Her question stirs a protectiveness in him, drawing him closer. As though pressed against her isn’t already close enough. “Yes,” he responds with confidence, though he isn’t entirely certain he feels it. “It has to be.”
    Fox

Messages In This Thread
    I smile in the face of fear; Lynx - by Fox - 11-09-2018, 01:22 PM
    RE: I smile in the face of fear; Lynx - by lynx - 11-11-2018, 11:39 PM
    RE: I smile in the face of fear; Lynx - by Fox - 11-15-2018, 05:26 PM
    RE: I smile in the face of fear; Lynx - by lynx - 11-23-2018, 06:27 PM
    RE: I smile in the face of fear; Lynx - by Fox - 11-27-2018, 05:20 PM
    RE: I smile in the face of fear; Lynx - by lynx - 12-04-2018, 02:19 AM
    RE: I smile in the face of fear; Lynx - by Fox - 12-06-2018, 02:49 PM
    RE: I smile in the face of fear; Lynx - by Persea - 12-06-2018, 02:53 PM
    RE: I smile in the face of fear; Lynx - by lynx - 12-07-2018, 11:24 PM
    RE: I smile in the face of fear; Lynx - by Fox - 12-13-2018, 11:11 AM