• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

let my mind be your freedom; Kali/Umbra
    kharon

oh baby, I have not been kind

Kali cuddled on in, her thoughts so soft and warm. It eased his heart to feel her relax this way, and with a near-stranger too. Amber's purple probably helped, and his familiarity with her. He already knew she was a safe person, quiet and gentle when she needed to be. So they held his Kali between them, doting on her with soft touches and reassurance, giving her all the sense of safety that he could.

His touch got a different reaction from Umbra. She gasped quietly and lit up, tilted her head for him so he could have better access to her throat, her jaw. She was beautiful. And damn, he felt so lonely. Kylin was around, but mostly kept to Mom or her children. He missed the connection they had, the heart-racing thrill of knowing how impossibly beautiful she was, stealing time alone when noone was around to see them.

As he almost had with Kali.
    His heart broke for what they almost had. Wiped so cleanly away by the tragedies as though it had never happened.

The loss made him feel so empty, hollow, as depressed and quiet as Kali was lately. Hers was from trauma. His was from her. But it was probably for the best. He'd promised Dad he'd be better, he wouldn't mess up. He'd try not to find his sister as attractive as she obviously was. They all were. Just look who their dad was. How could they not be drop dead gorgeous? What was so wrong with knowing it, appreciating it?

But he'd try.
    So maybe it was best that Kali was so withdrawn.

"Kharon..." Amber crooned, and he pulled back slowly with dim eyes. He'd wanted to feel that fire again, make him feel alive again. It almost had. He almost could've. But his thoughts crushed him and he turned his face away. He missed Kylin. He missed Kali. He missed being happy and flirty and beautiful. Now he was nearly as miserable as Mom was on any given day.

He sighed and laid his head down, tucking Kali into the crook of his neck and resting his chin on Amber's shoulder.

I wish I could scrape away the dirt that's on my mind

Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy

Messages In This Thread
    RE: let my mind be your freedom; Kali/Umbra - by Kharon - 12-09-2018, 11:38 AM