• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Wallace;
    BUT HOW COULD YOU KNOW THE SWEETEST SUFFERING
    OF MOVING ON
    She scoffs, she looks away, she hesitates. Everything points him to her agitation and to her unwillingness to divulge, but he almost retracts his question. Does it hurt her so much to admit what may or may not have happened? Ideas tumble around in his head, unrestrained and boggled. Nothing makes sense. He cannot grasp what he doesn’t know. Quietly, Tiphon’s jaw clenches under the pressure of simply not knowing. They say ignorance is bliss, and yet he finds himself brimming with confusion and a need to know. Tell me, he almost repeats, but Wallace begins walking away with a sense of dismissal hanging from the edge of her tongue.

Naturally, he follows her, keeping close to her side as his wings first shuffle in anticipation then fall still with disbelief.

”I didn’t like you?” His eyes narrow in bewilderment, his head spinning with reasons why, but he can’t come to a conclusion. ”Why? You seem pleasant enough. That doesn’t make sense,” he remains adjacent to her, never letting her slip from his grasp when she has the answers he so desperately crave. ”I must’ve been a damn fool.” He cannot blame her youth when she offers it so willfully. His rebuttal is a quiet, dismissing shake of his head. No, he was the problem – not her. What could she have possibly done that would’ve deterred him? Although she is rather quick to try pushing him aside, he cannot picture anything worse than that. ”I’m sorry.” The two words are thick with sincerity, coupled with an expression that softens the chiseled edges of his face.

It would be easy to simply tell her that he doesn’t know, that his memory is simply lacking, but Tiphon tries to dive deeper. His brow furrows in concentration and his lips purse tightly in a thin line. He wills images and memories to mind, desperately wanting something to surface that had been so long suppressed, but his attempts are futile. A resigned sigh escapes him. ”I don’t know,” he confesses as his gaze falls, ”I just remember darkness. There was nothing around me. A voice woke me up saying that I needed to be a light in the darkness, but I didn’t know why. The voice told me my name and my parents, and I even have a twin… but nothing more. I remember nothing except the abysmal darkness I was trapped in.” He didn’t expect it to be so painful to admit. The crackling of his heart nearly echoes in his ears as his eyes lift again to meet hers, defeated.

TIPHON
    STARLACE AND INFECTION

@[Wallace]

Messages In This Thread
    Wallace; - by Tiphon - 11-08-2018, 10:16 AM
    RE: Wallace; - by Wallace - 11-09-2018, 02:38 PM
    RE: Wallace; - by Tiphon - 11-09-2018, 04:10 PM
    RE: Wallace; - by Wallace - 11-09-2018, 08:34 PM
    RE: Wallace; - by Tiphon - 11-13-2018, 06:39 PM
    RE: Wallace; - by Wallace - 11-18-2018, 08:56 PM
    RE: Wallace; - by Tiphon - 11-26-2018, 11:28 AM
    RE: Wallace; - by Wallace - 11-28-2018, 08:22 PM