• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [private]  Sucked into the supermassive / Ardashir

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    He found that he couldn't get used to this would-be-leader-role. He'd rather much be among his comrades, on the same level, yet somehow because he was the one claiming the land (which per his opinion could have been anyone), they treat him differently. That's not the kind of thing he had wanted to create with this claim - more or less, in his mind, the ideal thing would be that this was a relatively easy and free land, and they'd all answer to Nerine's needs. Sure, if in name, that meant he had to be called something, he'd take on such a title, but never one of king; he's never been more than a Prince, in terms of titles, and doesn't aspire to be. If he'd known that Ard already, in his mind called him the Ice Prince, he'd be most amused with that.

Ardashir seems to understand, though, that Leilan had mostly chosen this place to wander to, to be away from al the ruckus. He grins - guilty as charged - as the white stud makes such a remark, though he has no words to accompany it (doesn't have to, he thinks).

However, they quickly come to the point, due to his own previous words. "I'm wondering how you all feel about this claiming business. It feels like we may be on the brink of a war," he confesses, "and I'm not sure if I want to drag all of you into it." He tosses his forelock, looking at the taller stallion with concern. "Then again if we don't, if I don't, then who? They'll be coming next year maybe, instead of this year, but I don't think that allowing the other party to grow stronger is the way to go, either." Shaking his head, his eyes dart to the lake and the now-tiny ice float in it.

A deep intake of breath follows, as he looks to the giant white. "I guess as general, I'd hoped you have some answers; or maybe just an opinion." he smiles a little. He could always ask Brennen, he's quite sure - but he doesn't want to be dependent on the winged bay so much. He's a father figure, and, well sometimes you just don't want to ask your father for help.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Ardashir]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Sucked into the supermassive / Ardashir - by Leilan - 11-26-2018, 01:36 PM