• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Look At Us Now {Merry}

Mary

The plague had struck and caused massive chaos within beqanna. Many equines were displaced, many fled there homes looking for a new leader. For Mary the plague brought death, death upon her father, and she can't say she was unhappy about it. Perhaps it made her a terrible daughter, but she was happy that he was gone, she would have been happier if he left the kingdom to her...but alas she would just have to try harder to take rule of Sylva.

She decided to see how the other kingdoms were fairing, and today she went to another 'safe zone'. Was this one as crazy as the Pampas? It was much harder to get to, that she knew, probably would help keeping unwanted equines out. 

As she reached the island she heard plenty of chatter, and even some arguing, of course it was over who should be the new ruler. She found it interesting that with the plague everyone wanted to flee or overthrow there current ruler. She shrugs, the least of her worries, she wasn't here to claim this kingdom, just to view and see how they would end up.

Long May She Reign

@[Cimmerian] just something for you<3

"Mary..?" he murmured, his voice holding a secret degree of hope. He left the shade of trees, but not far, keeping to as much darkness as he could. It was more comfortable. It was home.

It certainly looked like her though. Maybe.

He was older now, but not too much. Still a young boy, not quite a teen. Just a boy. A blush warmed his face though because it was definitely Mary. She was even more beautiful. Wow, those eyes. She could see right through someone, he bet. Cut right to their heart and see what made them tick. It was frightening but exciting. And seriously, she was so beautiful.

"It's Cimmerian," he reminded her in a soft voice, ducking his head a little which made his dark hair fall over his right eye, leaving the other to peer out at her with an innocent blue. "Merry," he amended with a little grin. He loved that they shared the same name, sort of. It was pretty neat.

He glanced to the darkness behind him, uncertain if his shadow had stayed or fled. Or if he should introduce them. Perhaps Ether would prefer not being seen. So he turned back to her expectantly, hoping she remembered him. Maybe Ether would come join them if he chose to. Merry always felt better when he was near. Or Momma. Or both of them was even better. But alone was okay too if he had to.

[ Cimmerian ]

try to make a fire burn again

Mary
    It was not long before she was approached, but it was the way she was approached that took her by surprise. Mary her name rang through her ears, though she could not put a face to the voice. Her head turned to the equine who summoned her, he stayed close to the shade and she could barely find his gaze with his matching black pelt. Her head tilted and she grew nearer to the equine its Cimmerian he said and her eyes grew wide.

They were just foals the last time they saw each other and he surely had grown into his body. The stallion had filled out, still shy like he was when he was little, but she found that cute. Merry he reinstated his name, the one that matched her own and a grin tugged at her lips. MERRY! She yelled out, almost as if she was a foal once again.

She promised to visit him, to hunt for a large cat, but that never happened. It seemed he did not mind, and he never sought her out either! How have you been!? she asks as she extends her neck, reaching her muzzle out to his own. Look at us, all grown up now she laughs gently as she prances a circle around him, flaunting her new found body.

As her circle came to a close her mind flicked to a more serious topic, How are you doing Merry? With the plague I mean. It was out and about, wreaking havoc, but during this vulnerable time she had to explore to instill her strength amongst the others. Is this your home now? she asks as she glances around You should come to Sylva, we are a strong kingdom, plus....who knows the next time they will meet if he doesn't.

Long May She Reign

@[Cimmerian] Sorry it took so long!! Do you mind tagging me? Sometimes I forget about some threads

After finally recognizing him, she greeted him with so much bright excitement. He blushed harder, still smiling with his head a little ducked bashfully. She asked how he was and pranced a graceful circle around him, looking him over and exclaiming how grown up they've gotten. He tried not to squirm self-consciously, tried to hold so still.

He nodded. They were nearly all grown up. Her too, he hadn't failed to notice. Her body was rounder, fuller. She had soft curves in places she hadn't had the last time he'd seen her. But her eyes, though. They were just the same and so beautiful. She was captivating.

"How are you doing Merry? With the plague I mean. Is this your home now?"

His eyes glanced around them, at the trees and the sunlight and the beach. Then he came back to her again with another nod. "Yes. This is our new home, safe from the plague. We don't leave so that we don't get sick. Momma says not to leave."

He looked at her closer, frowning with concern. "Are you sick, Mary?" He instantly worried. Would she die from it?? That would be so terrible. He wouldn't know what to do. Could she be healed, maybe? Yes, actually. There were healers here and ways to cure it, but she lived in a land open to the spread of disease and what would keep her from catching it again?

His eyes saddened, and his voice fell so quiet. "I can't come to Sylva. I could get sick and Momma would be upset. You should stay here where it's safe. There are healers here."

[ Cimmerian ]

try to make a fire burn again

@[Mary]

Mary

Where had the time gone? It felt like just yesterday they were two foals giggling at there matching names, and now they are grown up. Two adults, his body had sculpted into a fine stallion compared to the last time she had seen the colt. His body still had to fill in, but his muscles were already shaping on his young body, the splash of white on his ebony pelt made it hard to remove her gaze from him.

They may be older in age, but it did not seem much had changed, Mary was still obnoxious and Merry was still shy. She pranced around him and his body grew slightly tenser, and he tried to not meet her gaze, until she spoke directly towards him.

She asked about his living situation, if this island was his new home. Yes, safe from the plague he says, noting that his mother was still around. She wonders what it would be like to have such a strong bond to a parental figure, but no reason to ponder such thoughts, that card was not in her hand.

He looks at her with concern, Are you sick Mary? he inquires, and she wonders what exactly gave away her illness to everyone. Her gaze flicked around, ensuring no one else was within earshot before settling her gaze back to Merry. Yes, but don't worry you can't catch the plague from me, as long as you stay here. A subtle cough escaped her maw as she finished speaking, still she tried to recruit him over to Sylva.

He politely declines her offer, she figured he would, he was never a kingdom equine. Though what does worry her is that he says he can't leave because he could get sick if he leaves....but is that a way to live? In fear of your everyday life? He even goes on to say she should remain in the Island, healers already resided here. A smile tugged at her maw, he was so innocent and she has so many worries with there conversation, but she would not corrupt him. Instead she shakes her head I can't Merry, Sylva is my home, I am going to be queen one day. Her ears perk forward as she says it, her head raises higher and she steps forward slightly, standing as though she already wore the crown. Her father may not have passed the crown down to her, but she would be damned if she did not get to hold it. I understand why you would want to stay here. She says, relaxing her body back to its normal stance I can come visit you though! That way you won't risk getting sick. Hopefully this would be a good compromise to both there requests? Oh...And Merry She adds in before he could respond please don't worry about me, I will find a healer in Sylva, I will be fine. A humble smile took over her maw, she took the risk staying in Sylva and the plague finally caught up with her.

Long May She Reign

@[Cimmerian] <3