• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [open]  i'll burn it down; Rey & Any

Rey

One sweeping length of my stride leads me across the forests of Taiga where I’ve lingered in the aftermath. The next step I take is like one through an invisible door; every towering drove of trees replaced with a gray, churning sky and the crunch of hard-packed snow beneath my hooves.

These occurrences are becoming less and less surprising, when they happen as often as a piss or pause.

I sigh. My preference would certainly be to have a choice in the matter of where I end up, even if it’s not as perfect a transition as these mishap teleports seem to be. Accessing an internal power is much different than commanding a body part like wings. Where am I? my thoughts wonder, having no personal recollection of an isle totally encased in snow.

A rising cadence of heated tones stop me dead-walk. I glance around the white expanse and into the southerlands, where the snow is not so high and sparse scrubland pokes out through the slush of frozen water, glancing to see a group of unfamiliar equines being lead in discussion by a faintly glinting stallion. Red roan. From where I stand he’s not recognizable, but when I change course and begin to edge closer to them, Leilan’s voice is clear and unmistakable. He’s berating another group of newcomers, telling them some bullshit about magicians and healers.

Mentioning Loess.

Would he ever learn to shut up? “Perhaps Nerine has bitten off more than she can chew.” I interrupt, cloaking my skin in pure white with ice blue dapples that ripple over the top-half of my body. My mane and tail dip-dye themselves navy, perhaps a side effect of my mood (or the fact that my pregnancy has begun to show itself, even this early) and I sidle up to the nearest horse I can find. His name is Bruise, though I don’t know it yet. “You all fled your homeland like weaklings and now you flaunt that power which should’ve been used to keep Nerine intact. The Leviathans abandoning their beloved cliff! HAH!” I bait them all - Leilan the outspoken, along with his two cronies and the sickly looking girl.

“You should be the ones surrounding yourselves with a magician, if you’ve got one. Take your failsafe and go back to your rocky shores. The leftover jungle refuse has no greater right or claim to this place just because you all enjoy being hypocritical snobs. Let the safe lands go to those who actually need the protection.” I grind out, flint gray eyes gleaming wildly. Every now and then the expressive flash of my pearl white fangs accentuates a harsh word or two, but I’m left huffing with a rotten taste in my mouth. Each one of these so-called horses from the “greatest” kingdom in Beqanna was no more than a playground bully.

I, Rey, am finally one step ahead due to my immunity and I, Rey, am finally tired of the great powers shoving others out their way. Screw Nerine.

Wanna step to me better think twice, 'cause I look pretty but I ain't that nice

@[Any]
    Immune to The Plague
    Helped raise Pangea

Messages In This Thread
    i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Phasus - 11-02-2018, 09:39 PM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Oxytocin - 11-03-2018, 12:08 AM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by bruise - 11-03-2018, 12:52 AM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Leilan - 11-03-2018, 04:07 AM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Castile - 11-03-2018, 09:57 AM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Phasus - 11-03-2018, 12:55 PM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Oxytocin - 11-03-2018, 10:43 PM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by bruise - 11-04-2018, 01:17 AM