• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

let the dream pull you below; Vulgaris

“Not in my nature,” she quips almost immediately, though there is a pause and Yidhra finds herself bring the tendril to her own face. She tugs and arranges the others: rubs in the mass and scratches her own break in an idle fashion. “Besides, as I said- I do smell through them, and I cannot do so unless I touch something.” matter of fact and pointed, she reaches out and grasps a leaf: rolling it between the barbs and suction cups. 

“Earthy, wet, but cold- almost metallic. There is a sweetness, but, it is subtle and overwhelmed by the dirt staining it.” dropping the items she crosses both tentacles over her chest and blinks: studying and waiting- noting the nature of his body and his make.

Though, she nods at his question, impassive to his reaction of the fish: reaching for it, she does retrieve the corpse, curling her tentacle around it and minding it close to herself.

“My belief when it comes to the monsters is that anyone can become one; but a monster truthfully is above all an admirable thing. It takes a particular person to stare into the abyss unblinking and plunge into it: to succumb to the darkness, all for greater purpose.” she sighs, but considers the realities of the world: contemplates the bitterness and soured taste it leaves in her mouth.

Continuing on she is slower now in her speech, tired or just weary. “Consider this plague, it was brought upon by our own actions. We raised Pangea to the surface, we allowed blood to flow on its soil, and we all suffer as a result of events that could have been ceased; but no: here we are. It won’t be the brave and bold, the naive and tender hearts that save us… monsters will save us. You, and I- others like us. We will what is necessary and what must be done. In the end they will congratulate others; but it is our doing.”

Looking sidelong, she mulls over her thoughts.

“I will not ask for thanks, not when my work is done. Regardless, yes, I do. I also believe that we have started off badly, I do apologize.”

Yidhra

@[vulgaris]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: let the dream pull you below; Vulgaris - by Yidhra - 11-23-2018, 02:49 AM