• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  here it comes with no warning; bruise

Here it comes with no warning; capsize, i'm first in the water
    The world has changed drastically since she has met the silver buckskin. A plague had come into Beqanna, swearing to tear them all a part of it could. Everyone had scattered at the news of the disease spreading. Lives would be taken, but some would live.

But she, she may live also. She is now obviously swelled with a child within her belly. There is a part of her that she sometimes finds strength in this, only perhaps since she carries a child—a mere piece of hope in her world of darkness lately. A child of the monster that controls her. Was it even her choice in the beginning to share a moment of lust with the monster?

She has forgotten herself, lost in the song of fear that he constantly plays. No longer can she remember who she is, or what she has become. Her reflection is something she probably would not recognize if only she could look at herself properly for once again.

But she cannot—it is too late now.

She can feel his dark eyes on her. The rage that fills his eyes grow heavy on her. Their weight is not overlooked, but felt deeply with every passing second. Her shame grows profounder. The fear within her intensifies as he pulls the string of the instrument of fear, the song growing loud and clear within her.

“I have been nothing but a pain for you,” she softly says back to him. Hopeless—it weighs heavily down on her now. Her eyes fill with shame, but the fear of his song begins to take ahold of her now. “I am only a burden to you,” she speaks again, her voice shaking this time.

Lucrezia turns her nutmeg gaze to him. Hoping to see there is something within his eyes that will indicate there is hope for her, hope for them. But he turns away from her. Her hope for a silver lining fades away quickly. The fear slowly closes in around her, capturing every fiber of her being.

She shakes at his words. “You are nothing.” Is all she can hear from him. “I am nothing,” she agrees with every part of her to his words. She can feel herself drowning in the words he speaks. The falsehood of these words ring only truth within them. How can she not believe him? How could she have fallen so far away? She has let down him.

When he turns back to look at her, she looks down again. She fears for the look upon his face. The disappointment is obvious within his words and tone, but she could not bear enough to see it on his handsome face.

Lucrezia is silent again when he finally stops speaking.

“I am not worthy of you,” she says finally after a long moment of silence.

Even though the fear falls away slowly, she still fills it within her, drowning her. “I am only dragging you down, bringing you to a hopeless ending of trying to destroy him.”

She is nothing but a heavy burden to carry. Even to the ones she loves she has brought them down. Even the lands she has come to call home, she has let them down and brought them only failure.

A failure that is what she is.

“I am better off dead.”
    ...too close to the bottom.
    html © samshine| character info: here | picture reference: here

@[bruise]
    @[The Plague] Please roll
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    RE: here it comes with no warning; bruise - by Lucrezia - 11-05-2018, 03:14 PM