• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

let me steal this from you now, wane.
    i'd break the back of love for you.
    She had combed the beach for hours when she became restless with her nesting efforts. She plucked only whole shells and the cleanest pearls from the sand with her teeth and arranged them like a shrine around her den. When the sunlight catches the opening of the cave just right, the whole room glitters and shimmers in the reflection of her collection. Her child’s first moments must be perfect and worthy of a gift such as him. That’s why she changes her scales every hour to find which one suits the room best. Piebald? Opalescent? Rainbow boa? Perhaps albino, then. Khuma practices the thorned scaling of every viper as well as the pebbled texture of each python.

Her tongue flicks out, tastes the air.

Some internal clock ticks and her scales shift to snow white with the faintest traces of some indiscernible pattern across her body. When she dreams, it is of her egg hatching the first words he will speak from his perfect mouth. She kisses the slick membrane from his face and watches his first steps. Then, they venture out into the world and everyone is in awe of how handsome and how blessed he is. The memories of her dreams make her gently nuzzle her smooth cheek against the shell of the egg as the rhythm of his heart continues to play in her egg.

Her tongue flicks out, and this time it tastes Wane nearby.

Her eyes harden and she lifts her great head when he approaches her. An airy hiss leaves her mouth as she bares her fangs warningly. But his failed compliment amuses her, soothes the instinct that commands her to punish him for intruding on her bonding time. The endless rows of her coiled length slip away from the egg as she slithers closer to him. Along the way, her spine shortens and limbs pull themselves free from her belly. Her body widens until she is an overo mare once more, standing between him and their precious egg. She trusts him only to an extent.

The fish here aren’t quite used to being hunted by a serpent,” she purrs, bumping her nose to his chin teasingly. “I’ll let you listen to its heart if you play nice.

She gestures to their child and smiles a bit. The expression is genuinely warm this time, eager to show off her body’s hard work. Khuma thinks the foal may even begin kicking against the shell soon as it begins to prepare its muscles for its escape.

I’m still trying to decide on a name, though. Maybe you can help with that.
    khuma.
    @[Wane]

Messages In This Thread
    let me steal this from you now, wane. - by Khuma - 10-21-2018, 11:06 PM
    RE: let me steal this from you now, wane. - by The Egg - 10-27-2018, 10:25 PM
    RE: let me steal this from you now, wane. - by Khuma - 10-29-2018, 05:53 PM