• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  you’re dripping like a saturated sunrise, Tunnel
    Her eyes seek his through the darkness, unwavering, like a deer unable to tear its stare away from the wolf. The muscles in her legs grow tense, her weight carefully shifted and balanced to her back legs as her head elevates; ready to flee. With quiet steps he moves closer, and for some reason she can’t get her mind to make the connection to her legs to run. She has had several encounters since her time in Beqanna, and none have been negative. She doesn’t know what raises the fear in her throat, why the sight of the shadowy streaks that adorn his face tell her she needs to get away. Maybe it is the adrenaline of the nightmare still thick in her veins, fogging her mind, but she watches unmoving and unblinking as the shadows fall away from him, until he is next her.

His touch is cold against her damp skin, as he traces the path along the slope of her neck and then the curve of her cheek, and involuntarily a shiver courses down her spine. She has been touched before. Even if it had been without love, Leilan’s touch had been warm, inviting, and reassuring. But this was empty, chilling, and somehow intimidating. His greeting seems hollow, and the singular word causes her to flinch, but she still has not pulled away. Her troubled eyes search his own, but she is met with only disconcerting darkness.

The heat from her sweat radiates off her body, and slowly her breathing has steadied, but it betrays the fact that her heart is racing. She can feel him next to her, the mass of his body pressing into hers, and cautiously she tips her head upwards to face him. ”I don’t know,” Her voice sounds small against the weight of the night around them, diverting her gaze, unable to shake the feeling that he was somehow staring into her core. ”I...I thought I saw something.” She never revealed to anyone that she had nightmares; she always felt so foolish and stupid once she was awake. From behind a black veil of tangled forelock she watches him, daring to be bold enough to finally ask, ”Who are you?”
    briseis.
    you’re ripped at every edge but you’re a masterpiece

@[Tunnel]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you’re dripping like a saturated sunrise, Tunnel - by Briseis - 10-18-2018, 02:49 PM