• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there's still fire in the darkness; aysel

she's no saint but she'll take you to your knees
    try her boy but she'll still do what she please

Something lingers in her mind, something dark and strained: a memory that she considers as she speaks. Darkness spread across the vast green fields, weaving through sparse trees and tall grass: the scent of ash and fire, the feeling of harsh wind and pressure: crackling thunder and lightning that pierced the earth itself. She remembers the black colors and bizarre storm, the water the began to rise around her and how her very legs moved whilst she ran- fled, and carried herself far from. The edges of the reef were frozen and the ice was so thick that as she stepped onto it, she was able to hold weight.

They had all fled, all of them: hundreds of denizens running and the chorus of screams in her mind; but above all she remembered three figures.

Elemmírë, Alcatraz, and Kalleis.

A spattered blue roan woman whose body was utterly composed of rock and soil, of thick vines and flowers… a dark man with static snapping and crackling around his form, and the golden-haired child whose eyes blazed with living fire. Three servants, three faces: the Stone’s very own minions.

Yet she is brought out of her trance when Magnus responds, when is content to offer compliment. She smiles, briefly, and had she the ability she might’ve waved a hand in front of her to gesture for him to stop; but that is a life not here and not now. So she instead is quick to respond in kind, to speak and to maintain rapt attention. “It’s not so much a way with them as a perspective of someone who has seen too much.” shrugging at the truth of it she notes the way he touches her: how he reaches over and speaks with contact… with assurance.

Aysel, in turn, sways idly- thinking and mulling over what she sees. “I could tease you and say that Tephra will not be the only thing rising.” playful as it is, she winks to add and grows quiet for a moment to consider all words and actions. “Larxene held a tournament of sorts for her fighters, and alongside it the diplomats and thieves were tasked with other challenges. This was made to measure the strength of her people and her kingdom- it made certain that all were prepared for whenever the Reef chose to sink its claws into our home and people. Kromium may wish to do this to measure the strength of his growing nation.” the addendum is terse and to the point, lacking flirtation.

Her ears twitch and Aysel finds herself surveying him with the same feline hunger- the same Amanzonian harshness she once possessed and had long left forgotten. “I know that you say it, and I trust you to follow through; but as to your roughness, your edges… your strength. Don’t you think for the woman I am, that I can not handle it? We’re creatures of war, or fighting, or struggle: you and I.” she lacks the webbing of scars, but, still possesses them- and in that second in an almost playful manner she snaps the length of her rich red tail and seeks to catch his body as if to give a gentle; but purposeful gesture. 

Aysel

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there's still fire in the darkness; aysel - by Aysel - 10-25-2018, 03:39 PM