• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lost to the hunt as I was to you; pyxis, malis
    Each day, the wolves searched. Days became weeks, and seasons changed; still, Daemron kept them hunting. Not for sustenance – (not like before) – and yet they scoured relentlessly, bound and driven by the iron of his will. In the evenings, the chestnut stallion met with the red wolf. He would look into her keen eyes and know that their searching had yielded nothing. Then, after briefly sharing breath, they would part ways once more.

Each night, he came back to Pyxis.

Time after time, whether stars wheeled overhead or whether they succumbed to darkness, he was by her side. Ever since she’d asked it of him on the night of their reunion, no matter the hour, Daemron would find her – and when each morning came, he was there.

He would watch the sunrise through the ocean of her eyes as they opened. He would touch her hair with a sound low in his throat. He would feel the warmth of her skin against his and wonder at how it made his world tilt every time. While some part of Daemron still worries that she will run (that his world will cease to exist), he has become acclimated to her presence. He would breathe her in, knowing full well that she was his oxygen now.  

And when he left, he would count each second until they could be together again.

This morning, however, was different. He had come to her the evening before as he always did, but the grey of his eyes had been afire with the wolves’ discovery. ‘They found someone,’ he’d told her then – and they had journeyed through the night, following in the shadow of the maned wolf who led the way through the dark.

Now, through the trees ahead and in the dawning summer light, Red slows. Turning his willowed head to press a steadying touch to Pyxis’ side, Daemron’s gravelly voice murmurs, “We’re close.” There is a rush in his veins, but he takes the surge of adrenaline in stride. The stallion doesn’t know what to expect from this encounter, but it doesn’t matter – all that matters is that he is here for her (as he always would be).

daemron
    lost to the hunt as I was to you

@laura @jenger hope this works for you guys, let me know if there's anything I should change <333

Messages In This Thread
    lost to the hunt as I was to you; pyxis, malis - by Daemron - 10-11-2018, 11:25 PM