• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  I tried to sell my soul last night; Ryatah
    “What have I become, my sweetest friend?
    Everyone I know goes away in the end."

He is familiar, and even though he is harsh and brash there is something comforting in the very way that he smells, and it puts her at ease to be in the company of the banter she had grown accustomed to with him. There is no one else here that has known her as long as he has; not even Skellig. But they are an odd pairing, the bold and brazen silver stallion, and the mild and delicate porcelain white mare; somehow, neither of them seem to care or notice. They coexist as unlikely companions — the predator and the prey.

With an easy smile her teeth reach to tug playfully at his pale mane, her jestful words echoed by laughter as she says, ”You actually think you could scare me away?” Impossible. She was too used to his kind; never pressing her luck, always mindful of if she was treading into dangerous territory, always turning into a meek kitten when tempers flared. Her snow-white coat had been blemished by scars since before she ever came here, and of course her darkened, vacant sockets served as the cruelest reminder of what happened when her tongue was too sharp. She was used to playing the submissive role to dominant stallions, and somehow that hasn’t changed in her one-hundred years of existence. 

But in her experience, Ashaal’s weapon was most often his tongue. Her skin was thicker than one would think, and she could handle biting words easier than teeth. She emits a mock incredulous laugh, shaking her head at his words. ”Well, that just doesn’t seem possible.  Do you have some sort of impenetrable forcefield you’ve surrounded yourself with to keep the ladies away?”
    RYATAH
    you could have it all, my empire of dirt

@[Ashhal]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I tried to sell my soul last night; Ryatah - by Ryatah - 10-11-2018, 06:35 PM