• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you give me something to believe in; Roseen
    Roseen

Perhaps she should’ve been surprised to be approached by strangers by now. Not all horses were as shy and socially awkward as her; there were some who weren’t afraid of going out to meet others. That was how she had met Leilan, Arthas and Breckin. The three approached her out in the Field when she first came to Beqanna last spring. But they were looking to recruit new members for the Kingdoms. This mare, however, only wanted to graze with her. That’s what had shocked her the most, the idea of someone approaching a random stranger just because of the excitement of meeting someone new. She had no real reason. But it was an idea that had warmed the heart of the sooty bay. 

“I’m Roseen,” she replied, the friendliness of the younger mare bringing a soft smile to Roseen’s feminine features. “I don’t mind you joining me if that’s what you really want.” She wished she had Kensa’s confidence like she used to. Silently she hoped her foal would grow up with the confidence to meet new horses. If they grew up to be shy like her, foolish, easily deceived and desperate for love and friendship, then it would break her heart. Already it sent a pang of pain to her heart as her chest squeezed. It would mean she had failed her foal. She wouldn’t be able to live with herself knowing she had done something like that. 

The mare spoke once again, stepping back a little and changing her posture. She stated that this was her first spring, and how lovely it was. Roseen could only nod lightly in response, turning her dark eyes away to observe their surroundings herself. “Indeed it is,” her tone was surprisingly calm, soft and soothing. A tone that one would consider motherly. “I only came here last spring, so this will be my second,” she added. Her eyes saddened a little as she remembered last spring. It was when she had first met Leilan, the father of her foal. As well as Arthas, whom was the Champion of Loess at the time. And Breckin. Then, she didn’t know much about the leopard-spotted mare, but now she was suspicious about her relationship with Leilan. That suspicion always haunted her, like a shadow that always hung over her shoulder, catching her attention during the worst times. It kept her awake at night with that sickening feeling in her stomach, or would just randomly whenever she thought of Leilan.

Her foal could somehow sense her unease and kicked, bringing her mind back to her current situation. She looked back at Kensa and smiled softly, hoping the mare hadn’t noticed her spacing out. “So...do you live in one of the Kingdoms? I’ve been considering joining one myself, but I can’t decide which would offer the best life for my foal.” She ended with a sheepish giggle, her ears facing back just a little. Perhaps she could get a little more information before she headed towards Nerine.

even if you feel all alone, it can’t rain everyday, it don’t rain forever

@[Kensa]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you give me something to believe in; Roseen - by Roseen - 09-22-2018, 07:42 PM