• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I think I was blind before I met you; vulgaris
    Leliana

Perhaps this is everything that was meant to happen.

Perhaps this was finally her reward for a life of heartache, a life that has wrung her dry.

She sighs as he lays kisses into her, a soft hum of pleasure in her throat. “Careful,” she breathes, hazel eyes opening, soft with all of her love for him. “Or we will have two of them before you know it.” The humor causes the edges of her lips to curve upward in a rare, mischievous smile as she leans over to tug on his forelock, overwhelmed by the depth of her feelings for him. She never would have thought that it was possible to feel this way again. She never thought she could be swept away like this again.

But then there was him.

And he was everything.

She winces slightly as Adna readjusts but then settles again as the suckling continues, the hungry baby satiating herself. “Oh, I don’t really think anything will be quite good enough for her,” she admits, her heart already completely overtaken by the green-eyed baby snake, “but we can certainly try.” She doesn’t know how to tell him how her the gravity in her heart has shifted. It already did when she met Vulgaris, the columns within her moving to fold around him, but now—oh, now. Everything is different.

“I do have one name I’ve been thinking about,” she admits, exhaling as their baby girl finishes feeding and then stumbles milk-drunk up toward them, leaning against their chests with a sleepy grin. Leliana leans down to brush her lips against Adna’s scaled forehead, smiling into their daughter. She could only hope that Vulgaris saw how much of him resided within their girl, how much she already adored him, the little snake girl looking up with idolizing eyes at the father she would always hope to emulate.

“What do you think of Adna?”

but there you go again, turning golden, right there in front of me

@[vulgaris]
    [Image: avatar-1975.gif]
    the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I think I was blind before I met you; vulgaris - by leliana - 09-25-2018, 10:41 PM