• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

two hearts on a cold street; any

Leander had to stifle a lopsided smile when the girl’s striking eyes widened and her young voice squeaked out. Used to conversing with strangers of all kinds, he took her surprise in stride easily. Yet he sobered upon hearing her mention Beqanna, for despite his trust that it would come, the moment still managed to catch him off guard. He glanced away to take in his surroundings once again, brow creased. From the air he hadn’t thought the lay of the land particularly matched his parents’ descriptions, but no matter now.

Quickly, Leander returned his attentions to the youth with the yellow streak in her hair. She really hadn’t seemed to skip a beat. Once the tumbling speech ebbed, however, he let his smile loose. “It’s a pleasure, Xero. My name’s Leander.” The winged stallion had always liked kids. He couldn’t see why he wouldn’t indulge her plucky nature, so he leaned in, the gesture slightly conspiratorial. “Some people call me Lee, though – you can too, if you want.” Then he sat back on a heel and looked about once more, allowing the reality of where he was to sink in.

He had found his parents’ home.
    The home that was always meant to be his, too.  

With a mixture of both practiced restraint and eager curiosity, he started. “You’ve been a big help, Xero, but I’m wondering whether you would know how I might find the places that are called the Falls or the Dale, or even the Jungle or Chamber?” Leander’s blonde forelock fell into brown eyes as he tipped his head, his expression a friendly one. “It’s possible that I have family in some of those places, and I’d like to see them for myself.”  

leander
    take a bullet to the heart just to keep you safe; like a dream in my arms but i’m wide awake

Messages In This Thread
    two hearts on a cold street; any - by Leander - 09-19-2018, 08:57 AM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Xero - 09-19-2018, 09:55 AM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Leander - 09-25-2018, 11:59 PM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Xero - 10-03-2018, 12:02 PM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Leander - 10-12-2018, 09:53 AM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Xero - 10-23-2018, 12:53 AM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Leander - 10-30-2018, 12:16 PM