• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

When you’re feeling beautiful, will you remember me?
    Roseen

She wasn’t sure why he had thought she was in love with Arthas and expected her to stay with him in Loess. Yes, she had a crush on him when she met him, which was when Leilan was around so it was no surprise he’d be able to tell. But what she had felt for Arthas wasn’t what she felt for Leilan. I love you Leilan, she thought to herself, as if that would tell him why she wasn’t with Arthas. 

But as his conversation with Briseis continued, her heart slowly tightened. She practically ignored the subject of fairies, for she had no idea what they were, nor did she understand what was being said about them. Instead, she listened with her ears forward and tall as they talked about Chryseis. She didn’t know who they were, but they talked as if they were a friend or relative of the stallion and mare. But Briseis’ remark on how Chryseis takes after Leilan made Roseen’s heart drop. That sounded like something a parent would say about their child. And then Briseis stepped closer to press her muzzle to his shoulder. Roseen’s brows furrowed a little, the worry growing in her chest showing in her dark eyes. What was his relationship with Briseis exactly?

Now she was finally beginning to realize that something wasn’t right. Leilan’s behavior was a little odd, even though she had not caught the change in his eyes. And the fact that Briseis asked if he was sad only showed she wasn’t the only one who felt the awkwardness in the air. She turned her head to look at him straight on after Briseis’ question, her heart beginning to thump anxiously. He turns away from the mare without answering the question, but only seemed to look at Roseen as a result. He was hiding something. Normally she wouldn’t pry after one had already refused to answer a question, but the ever growing fear in her heart made her want to know more. Perhaps it had something to do with his visit to the mountain and the changes he had gone through. Somehow, even though her gut gave her a bad feeling, the idea of Leilan being with another mare didn’t come to mind. With Arthas, that kind of thing was no surprise. But Leilan? Him being disloyal and just as much of a player as Arthas seemed like nothing more than a fantasy to Roseen. Well, besides her suspicions about his feelings towards Breckin. Unfortunately, that only showed how foolish she truly was. 

She turned her attention to the black mare when she apologized and introduced herself, to which she gave a friendly smile in return, though slightly forced. “I had only just ran into him moments before you came. You didn’t interrupt anything,” she replied reassuringly. “I’m Roseen, just a wanderer at the moment.” She had surprised herself by how well she managed the introduction; must’ve been her first without a single stutter. But her mind was preoccupied with other thoughts. Meeting the mare was nice and all, but right now she wanted to know what was wrong with Leilan.

“So...um...are you a friend of his? I haven’t met many of his friends other than Arthas and Breckin,” she smiled a little sheepishly with a chuckle to match, her stutter returning. 

even if you feel all alone, it can’t rain everyday, it don’t rain forever

@[Leilan] @[Briseis] This one isn’t so good. Sorry about that >.<

Messages In This Thread
    RE: When you’re feeling beautiful, will you remember me? - by Roseen - 09-21-2018, 11:16 PM