• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

bury my love in the moondust; any
    "That's disgusting."

The statement is abrupt and definitive, as though Daedra's opinion is the only one that might possibly matter. Still, despite this firm declaration, she does not react otherwise, too intrigued by the story that follows.

No one had taught him to hunt? What was wrong with his family? Were they purposefully trying to stunt him? Cats are meant to hunt: to stalk and leap and chase and kill. These urges are ingrained in each fiber of the saffron lioness, and what Titus proposes is unfathomable. Not everyone in her family is like her, either, but that does not mean that they are herbivores. Horses have always seem an entirely separate species to Daedra and her pride.

Yet this stranger straddles a divide she had thought insurmountable, and his defense of his abnormal lifestyle is as fascinating as it is disturbing. The spotted cat's tone suggests he feel as strongly about the subject as Daedra, but his opinions are nearly the opposite.

"Of course I don't eat horses! I'm not a heathen!" She exclaims. Her affront is visible; she stands at this final exclamation. Still, for all her pride, Daedra is still a social creature, and feels an innate desire to form bonds with other felines rather than break them. Her orange tipped tail still lashes quickly, but the tension bleeds from her body as she lowers herself once more to the ground.

"You mighta been born a horse, but that doesn't make you any less of a cat." Her tone remains firm, but the words sound nearly rote - and indeed, she is repeating a well-ingrained lesson from her mother. "What if you feel down a cliff and bonked your head and forgot how to shift back? You'd starve."

"I will teach you how to hunt." It sees everything the cat has to say is decisive, and now that she has made this choice, she is clearly devoted to it. Rising to her feet once more, she steps closer to the smaller cat, and circles him curiously. Not as if he is prey - he would know - but simply to get a better look at him.

"Maybe we should try something small. I do not think you'd be much help with a deer." She finally says. "There are lots of squirrels in the woods over there -" Daedra gestures with a toss of her whiskered head to the Forest. "I bet you'd be good at those."

@[Titus]

Messages In This Thread
    bury my love in the moondust; any - by Daedra - 09-17-2018, 10:16 PM
    RE: bury my love in the moondust; any - by Titus - 09-18-2018, 01:11 AM
    RE: bury my love in the moondust; any - by Daedra - 09-18-2018, 01:02 PM
    RE: bury my love in the moondust; any - by Titus - 09-19-2018, 11:49 PM
    RE: bury my love in the moondust; any - by Daedra - 09-21-2018, 06:00 PM
    RE: bury my love in the moondust; any - by Titus - 10-10-2018, 11:20 PM
    RE: bury my love in the moondust; any - by Daedra - 10-20-2018, 08:08 AM
    RE: bury my love in the moondust; any - by Titus - 10-23-2018, 12:55 PM