• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Call me whatever you want - Leliana

Leliana has changed too, although her death has been more metaphorical than literal.

Hers has been the death to the girl she was as a girl—to the girl who loved simply, dreamt simply, hoped simply. The death of a girl with an unscarred heart who embraced life without fear or reservation, who had pulled it into her breast and held it there, warmed by the possibility that this world had good things that awaited her. She is no longer that simple girl. There are bruises in her eyes, an ache in her heart that she cannot shake. She has embraced darkness, and she bears its weight in the aftermath, but she refuses to give into the undertow completely. She refuses to let herself shatter wholly at the pressure.

So she doesn’t avoid the meadow, despite the ghosts that haunt the borders, and she doesn’t avoid those who inhabit it. She simply walks slowly, picking her way through the areas where the snow has begun to thaw, the ground growing soggy as spring begins to make itself known. She only pauses when she comes across him, dragon-scaled and unnaturally colored, the gold of him glinting in the weak spring sunlight.

“Oh,” she exhales softly, the sound escaping before she can stop it. It’s followed by a soft laugh, the sound smoke as her lips curl into a welcoming smile. “I’m so sorry. I didn’t see you there.” He is not like anything she has seen before, although the scales of him are enough of Vulgaris to bring a smile to her features. Instinctually, the wings by her side—previously crimson down—shift to her favored dragon, the leather and claw of them as red as herself.  “My name is Leliana,” she finally offers, before falling quiet.

it started with a perfect kiss, then we could feel the poison set in

@[Leilan] haha no worries!
    [Image: avatar-1975.gif]
    the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity

Messages In This Thread
    Call me whatever you want - Leliana - by Leilan - 09-17-2018, 03:25 PM
    RE: Call me whatever you want - Leliana - by leliana - 09-18-2018, 09:06 PM