• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i feel a bad moon rising; arthas
    I had made a mistake.

Accepting Arthas' invitation to come with him to Sylva had been the wrong choice. It is not so much that Arthas is the wrong choice (though truthfully we are both aware of the lack of spousal companionship between us), but rather that the ever-fire woodlands bring back far too many memories. I had been able to handle them at first, but as they days wore on and I began to flinch at every shadow, I began to realize that I'd need to wear a mask again.

Despite the sharpness in my voice, Arthas is not baited, and his only response to my outburst is to wait it out. That is a habit of the men in my life, I realize, thinking suddenly of a mistake I'd made on the dawn of my return to Loess from Hyaline.

'I want to go back to Loess. I don't love you.'

That is what I want to tell him. But I don't. Instead, I blow a warm breath into the dapples of his shoulder. "Tomorrow probably. I want to get an early start." There are other places to go, after all, a myriad of destinations and none of them are anywhere in Sylva.

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising; arthas - by Lepis - 09-14-2018, 09:14 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; arthas - by Arthas - 09-15-2018, 09:32 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; arthas - by Lepis - 09-15-2018, 10:30 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; arthas - by Arthas - 09-17-2018, 06:52 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; arthas - by Lepis - 09-17-2018, 07:16 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; arthas - by Arthas - 09-19-2018, 07:52 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; arthas - by Lepis - 09-19-2018, 09:46 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; arthas - by Arthas - 09-24-2018, 08:40 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; arthas - by Lepis - 09-25-2018, 08:52 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; arthas - by Arthas - 10-02-2018, 06:55 PM