• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

how time twines around your neck; any

“Should I bow?” She asks, and he is quick to consider it. The idea of anyone bending their head to him is thrilling, and it raises bumps of prickled skin along the length of his back.

“Or are you the type of god that prefers groveling? I’ve never met a god before, so I’m not quite sure. Do forgive my manners.”

He won’t admit it freely, but he was entirely wrong about her. She isn’t what he had intended to choose - she isn’t beautiful, and she isn’t vulnerable. The scars wrote out ruin across her flesh, but they don’t seem to hinder her. He hadn’t wanted this for today’s game, but nonetheless he grows increasingly intrigued.

“Don’t be juvenile,” he quips briskly, the lines of his face pulled tight for just a moment before giving way to a quirked brow and crooked grin. He is more playful today than he had expected to be. He eyes her scars again, briefly, in consideration. She’s surprising him.

Still she doesn’t volunteer her story, and while he grows increasingly impatient it isn’t showing. He can ooze charm if he wants too, and that’s exactly what he chooses to do in these moments. It’s easy to trust him when he chooses to be kind.

He’s guarded, certainly, but not threatening.
    Arrogant, and at times cruel, but not wicked.

“All I ask is eternal worship.” He says.

He’s only half joking. It’s why he brings any of them anywhere, to bathe himself in the adoration and wonder that follows his impressive field trips. One in particular had clung to the idea of him, would have built him monuments if only she could have forged the appropriate metals. She was interesting for a time. Even with the wonder in her eyes here, he doesn’t think Lepis would build him anything.

“You can swim if you want,” he says, then, noting how her eyes drift here and there to the water. He wants to make her happy, likes it even, and beyond that enjoys doling out his permissions. It was as though she needed him then, like she depended on his say-so.

“I’m fairly confident that there’s nothing too prehistoric lurking below the surface.”
    Because he was likely the biggest predator, of sorts at least, for miles.

ELEKTRUM

how time twines around your neck,

@Lepis

Messages In This Thread
    RE: how time twines around your neck; any - by Elektrum - 09-24-2018, 02:23 PM