• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma)

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

His reactions, the little ones while she speaks, are quite enough for her to get to know him. The light shake of his head eases her, he's not one to be irritated when someone talks a lot, which marks him patient. And he eases into calling Sylva out as not the greatest place to live just like she had thought, which marks him... well, not dark anyway. Not much else probably. Still, it's something.

He asks about Loess and allies and she chuckles. "They're mercenaries, but haven't been around for long. Only one contract has been made so far that I know of, and I doubt it will result in a lasting alliance. They don't want one, I think. And I really don't know about the new Sylvan king. I guess he might not be as bad, but then, how come the old Sylvans are staying and keep him on? I haven't heard anything about change so far, but, perhaps it's just too new. We'll see. I'm not going out there all alone." she tells him.

Looking to change the subject, she looks him over. "So, Sylva's not your thing. By the sounds of it Loess won't be, either. If you're looking for a new start, that is." She realizes at the last sentence that she would almost point him in a direction, like she did with many others in the field. Some stayed in those kingdoms, many others remained kingdom-less. If she had to take a guess, it might be Ischia or, a guard of Hyaline he would eventually want to go to. But chances were he would rather stay on his own. Wander. Or even find a mare to settle with, with or without a kingdom or herd.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Aten]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Aten - 09-11-2018, 07:09 AM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Ilma - 09-12-2018, 06:28 AM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Aten - 09-12-2018, 05:06 PM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Ilma - 09-14-2018, 10:27 AM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Aten - 09-15-2018, 12:16 AM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Ilma - 09-15-2018, 04:35 PM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Aten - 09-16-2018, 12:10 AM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Ilma - 09-16-2018, 06:07 AM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Aten - 09-16-2018, 06:05 PM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Ilma - 09-17-2018, 03:45 PM