• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I kept my hope just like I hoped to // any

I kept my hope just like i'd hoped to
    then sang to the sea for feelings deep blue

Luckily for the triplet club, he can't talk and therefore can never ever give up their secrets. Not that there are any. Wink.

His pretty new friend seems oblivious to his muteness though, and that fact is all the more reason for Rhae to let loose a little bit. Because of how people look at him, he always has to hold himself a certain way - but with the talkative and jovial Chryseis, he finds himself behaving almost as he would with his siblings. Except with less name calling and hair pulling. Those events are reserved for the triplet club. And besides, he didn't need mothers - and Chryseis' mother, three of them oh goodness - coming to scold him for being so careless.

After graciously accepting his gift, the filly makes mention of her frost aura and then gestures to the mountains to indeed confirm winter's presence in the land. Rhae follows her gaze without a second's hesitation, studying the snowy peaks as if his life depends on it before returning his gaze to her. His wings lift in a bit of a shrug, and he scuffs the ice, making shards fly out. A brow cocks playfully. Something like that? He wonders - he doesn't really know what a frost aura is, or what it can do.

As if the shrug had been a giant sign reading THIS LITTLE BOY HAS WINGS, Chryseis goes off about them in her energetic voice. When she reaches out to touch him Rhae only steps closer to make it easier for her, eager to please his new friend. She spends quite a bit of time lipping through his carefully preened feathers, shoving them all ahoo such that he'll have to reorient them before flight is possible, but he doesn't mind - she looks too cute with those brows screwed up in concentration. Without thinking, the little colt is extending his nose to plant a kiss square on her cheek for no reason at all besides absolutely everything about her - but at the last second she pulls away, and he spooks a bit, pulled out of his reverie as she asks him about his name.

His name.

HIS NAME!!

Nostrils fluttering now in a flurry of anxiety, Rhae tries desperately to think of some way to tell her his name - he could try shooting a light beam and making her guess the word Ray, but he could guarantee that she would just become distracted again and it would get them no where. Swallowing dryly, he parts his lips, the weight of a thousand worlds bearing down on him as he makes his first ever attempt to speak to someone outside of his family.

"Rhaegor."

With an exhale twice as loud as the word itself had been, Rhae's shoulders slump forward and a dazed smile stretches his lips. He did it! He spoke! Even if it was only one word... But surely more would be coming any second now from Chryseis, so he turns a bemused head towards her, happy to know that he wouldn't have to say anything else for a very long time.

Rhaegor

@[Chryseis]
    [Image: rhae]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I kept my hope just like I hoped to // any - by Rhaegor - 09-23-2018, 11:32 PM