• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you're getting to me (breckin)

Breckin
    the truth that you'll find
    will always be the truth you hide

Wanderlust plagued her always.

When the tides of Nerine swelled and eased, she was always longing to break away from the riptide.  But she fought through her selfish desires most days, donning the gilded crown with poise and composure when necessary, then tossing it aside on days like today to ground herself.  Even if winter’s stark harshness was promising to be arguably cruel, she could find the beauty in it.  Many of the fields and meadows remained innocent and undisturbed from the light snowfall of the night before, dusting the ground with a dazzling show of frozen glitter when the sun touched it just right.

The River wound just ahead of her, and she’d begun drifting into lazy personal musings of Leilan, and Wolfbane, and Scorch, and Ilma…

Rather carelessly, her ivory hoof meets with a downed branch, sending a painful snap over the evening’s still as it gave away beneath her weight.  Breckin becomes rigid at the delayed flurry of movement to the side of her, only mildly eased by the recognizable flash of white belonging to a startled deer as it sought refuge towards the River’s banks.

When she breaks through the coverage of tightly knit trees, her roving eyes fall claim to a vaguely familiar stallion standing ankle deep in the shallows.  His back was to her, seemingly on alert as the doe hightailed it further down the length of the watery ribbon.  Cocking her rear hoof to shift her weight, she watches him a moment longer, while the workings of an amused smile tilt the corners of her lips into a smirk.

“You look a bit different when you’re not blurry.”

your world is still lacking of me, how do you love?

@[Chemdog] surprise! It was both XP

Messages In This Thread
    you're getting to me (breckin) - by Chemdog - 09-06-2018, 11:38 AM
    RE: you're getting to me (breckin) - by Breckin - 09-15-2018, 08:57 AM
    RE: you're getting to me (breckin) - by Chemdog - 10-11-2018, 09:28 AM
    RE: you're getting to me (breckin) - by Breckin - 12-14-2018, 08:25 AM
    RE: you're getting to me (breckin) - by Chemdog - 12-31-2018, 08:50 AM