• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Wolfbane

WOLFBANE

Here they are, discussing the “how’s” and “why’s” of Lepis’ actions, just as Kagerus had declared she wouldn’t. Diplomacy had always infinitely aggrieved Wolfbane, and it shows in the twinge of irritation that taints his following reply:

“In her own fashion Lepis was trying to give you exactly what you wanted, but she was restrained by the necessity of my orders that nothing was to be given freely from Loess.

Had her steal been successful, Ilma would’ve had a nice vacation and been sent on her merry way - a clean deal between our kingdoms brokered over her immediate release - and Hyaline would have the peace you claim you so desperately seek.”

Pride, though, had blinded the northern Queens to this possibility; they’d only seen a threat when they should’ve seen an easy opportunity. And yet, they persist with dragging his Cleric through the mud, as if somehow this will soften Bane’s thoughts against them. He could spit for disgust at Kagerus blatant arrogance, but somehow he manages to hold his composure and with the flick of his blanched tail, chooses instead to think about the end goal.

“It leaves us at square one, your highness.  Nothing gained and nothing lost.” He feels like he’s spelling it out for a child, “I’m not the repetitive type, either. I want Lepis home, now. Afterwards we can return to the topic of how our people are going to benefit from one another, while adhering to Loess’ standards of equal trade for equal goods and services.”

And that was final, for him at least. The striped pegasus would give her the benefit of a reply in the form of a simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’, with the added hope that she might return home to fashion an idea of exactly what Hyaline wanted and how they were going to achieve it.

|| The Pirate Lord of Loess ||

@[Kagerus] inwardly he’s wondering where he can get a gnarly scar too; *jealous*
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Wolfbane - by Wolfbane - 09-05-2018, 10:45 AM