• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Wolfbane

WOLFBANE

In contrast to the dark mood overtaking them, Loess seems bright and pleasantly calm. As he walks, Bane’s distinctive blue hooves stir up a fine layer of ochre dirt that gathers over his legs and settles onto the primary feathers of his usually white wings. He’s more so lost in the past than holding onto the present, happily trodding in silence alongside the roan mare who pauses only to question the last few days he can remember spending with Longclaw.

“He was convinced that any moment the shape-shifter would come back for him. As if the idea of having lived a happy, full life was some sort of summoning for evil. Inevitable, inevitable! That’s what he’d grumble about.” The pegasus shrugs, peeking longways to catch the shape of her expression. It doesn’t seem altogether ‘enlightened’ and he wonders if he should continue down this path of conversation. “Mom told us to try and understand that he was battling inner demons, but he went certifiable. His deterioration was rapid and hard to watch as a young stallion.” Her descendant explains, giving insight as to how he ended up in a place like Loess.

So few in Beqanna even knew this story.

“I miss him. The real him.” He sighs, “And ironically enough something did come, but I don’t think it was solely for him. As much as I sometimes despised him, Longclaw was a true guard to the end.”

So few in Beqanna could say the same.

He’s rambling still, acutely aware that his grandmother hadn’t been given a proper opportunity to introduce herself and so he closes by shifting the topic. “You’re alive though, which is what matters most in this grand scheme of life so could you share a bit more than glimpses into my own mind?” Wolfbane chuckles, “What should I call you, grandmum?”

|| The Pirate Lord of Loess ||

@[Heartfire] Ugh this is so, so good for him
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Wolfbane - by Wolfbane - 09-29-2018, 09:23 AM