• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Wolfbane

There are no doubt any number of horses out there that find it exceedingly uncomfortable to know that she is often watching them. Most never learn of it, of course. But for those that do, it’s generally safe to say she has a somewhat unnerving quality about her that seems to unsettle them in one way or another.

No matter, she’s quite used to. Indeed, she’s come to depend on it in some respects. There is far more power in perception than many realize. Indeed, often more so than any brute power that she might bring to bear.

His wry quip brings a faintly amused smile to her lips, just the slightest of quirks. “Rarely,” she banters drolly as he settles into the conversation. Indeed, she has almost never had her summons ignored. And if they ever had been, she could almost guarantee it wouldn’t happen a second time. Knowledge is power, after all.

Of course, with her, something is always afoot. He would be quite right in his assumptions. While she might recognize how much she and Wolfbane could help each other in the future, today she is here for surprisingly honest reasons. Simply, she would just like to know him. It’s not often her motives are so pure. Indeed, the next time he saw her, they likely wouldn’t be.

Her smile deepens slightly at his final question, and she tilts her head faintly in response. “Frankly,” she begins a bit dryly, “I wanted to see what you had made of yourself. After all, you wouldn’t exist were it not for me, would you grandson?”

i see your sins
    and i want to set them free

Apparently she wanted to be ~*dramatic*~ :|

Messages In This Thread
    RE: show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Wolfbane - by Heartfire - 09-16-2018, 05:20 PM