• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Wolfbane

Dangerous she might be, but never to those she considers her own. Though her grandson might not know her as he should, she would never pose any threat to him. Of course, upon first glance, one would hardly assume she could be a threat to anyone. She is a very unassuming figure. Lovely enough, but no great beauty. No spectacular colors or unique features. Simply, a mare. Plain and blue and altogether boring.

In many respects, the perfect weapon.

She watches him, from the moment she had sent her less than subtle message. She sees him nearly crash into the pillar. The confusion and curiosity, the internal debate. But she has seen enough of Wolfbane to know that he will come if for no other reason than curiosity. And that he would likely come alone. Not that that mattered particularly.

In hindsight, perhaps she should not have left. Perhaps Wolfbane would have known her as more than simply a name. A body that had brought his father into the world. She might know him, but he knows nothing of her. Knows nothing of what Longclaw (of what his children) mean to her.

In short order, he arrives, question upon his lips. Her blue eyes settle upon him, curiosity and faint affection in her gaze. “It was,” she replies mildly, shifting comfortable from her settled position. “I thought it time we finally met, Wolfbane.”

i see your sins
    and i want to set them free

Messages In This Thread
    RE: show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Wolfbane - by Heartfire - 09-13-2018, 08:16 PM