• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Dovev

It’s so tempting, to give in. To pretend for a moment that nothing else in this world matters. To pretend that her own self respect doesn’t matter. That she’s nothing more than a warm body made for pleasure. But her mind is too sharp, too hard. It will never let her forget. As much as she might want to, she couldn’t.

Why couldn’t he understand that? She is so much more than just another pretty face in a long line of even prettier faces.

And, so, she rejects him. Again.

He never takes it well. But somehow, this time is different. There’s so much pent up aggression, so much anger in his harsh response as he turns away from her. And something inside her clicks, a visceral response to his acrimony. Her own ears pin flat as she snaps sharply, “Always.”

Her own anger rises to match his, a fire she has always hidden so well. But today, something fractures inside her, splitting the calm facade she always wears so successfully. And suddenly, she is furious, the emotion bursting forth like a tide. A wave of utter destruction.

The earth rumbles in the wake of her rage, rocks tumbling from the cliffside as the dirt disintegrates beneath them. The rocks too fall into dust until it’s raining down upon them. But she doesn’t give him time. Instead, she’s crashing into him, teeth grinding down on bone as she wrenches sharply at him.

Breathing harshly, she doesn’t turn away, even then. Instead, she releases his armor and presses closer, her entire body nearly vibrating as she speaks gutturally through bloodied lips. “I’m nothing more than a body to you, am I?”

And she is, isn’t she? A prize he expects to win, if only he remains persistent enough. She’s as much a toy to him as he believes he is to her. “Just fuckable enough to keep you interested, right?” she spits venomously. “At least, until you get bored and leave, like everyone else.”

Her tirade dies abruptly as she realizes what she had just admitted. She stares at him for a long a moment, eyes burning. Suddenly, she straightens, pulling back as she struggles to slow her breathing. Allowing the mask to settle over her dark features, she squeezes her blue eyes closed. She remains like that, refusing to look at him. Let him leave then. It’s what he wanted.

i see your sins
    and i want to set them free

Messages In This Thread
    RE: show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Dovev - by Heartfire - 09-14-2018, 09:41 PM