• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Awoken From My Slumber ||ANY||
    Kove
    Take Me to the Waters Edge

I smirk in partial disbelief that he has called me a kid once again, but this time I allow it -no point in squandering over expressions. When he calls himself I nomad, and he calls no place truly home, my expression turns solemn.  I try to imagine a world without a home.  Without family and without a place to return to if I should lead astray.  It is a dreary thought, one I can’t imagine why my twin would choose over me.  If I hadn’t been ahead of him and moving at a rather quickened pace, he may have noticed my change of expression, but I hide it well as I find soon what I had been searching for.

I excuse his comment of me potentially not knowing where I am headed, but it is all to distract my mind from the recent mullings of my sibling.  I stand now ready to walk into the nook of Tephra I had grew up in, when he asks what I am looking for.  I smile, “Something small.”

My lighted sphere rolls before me, igniting the obsidian glass walls with a glossy vibrance.  Amongst all the earth turned black, my eyes focus on finding a particular spot.  Ketzia and mines spot.  It was a small cut out where we hid from the world, just me and her.  Where we shared our hopes, our dreams.  Hers was to always be a warrior, like our father and brother.  Mine was more, nomad I guess.  I smile at the irony of the thought.

Looking back to my glowing comrad, I smile as I stand before the place I have come to find.  Then turning and lowering my sphere to reflect light of a tiny gem plastered into the side of our hideout.  A thread of light seperates from the sphere and reaches for the precious pebble of amethyst.  Pulling at it slightly to attempt to dislodge it from the lava rock.  My sun strength has weakened though, and I struggle to be able to finish the job.  I sigh as my stance slumps in defeat, my light slowly fading from a bright white to orange and then red, before extinguishing.  The sun has set and a cold chill begins to blow through the tunneled cave.

My disheartened eyes look toward my still glowing friend.  He offers enough light to make out the edges of life that stand in the darkness. “This was my sister and I’s favorite place as children,” my voice is shushed, “She left not long ago and I just wanted to carry a piece of her with me…”  A huff of air escapes my lips, “Guess I’ll just have to come back some other time.” I forget that she is my other half and a part of her will always be with me.  It is not something I can see or touch and so it does not surface in my young mind…

“I want to go home… Will you bring me home Snout?” My voice disheartened and eyes downcast.

@[Snout] wanna help a kid out tusky? Wink

Messages In This Thread
    Awoken From My Slumber ||ANY|| - by Snout - 08-30-2018, 06:31 PM
    RE: Awoken From My Slumber ||ANY|| - by Kove - 08-30-2018, 07:12 PM
    RE: Awoken From My Slumber ||ANY|| - by Snout - 08-31-2018, 11:01 AM
    RE: Awoken From My Slumber ||ANY|| - by Kove - 08-31-2018, 02:49 PM
    RE: Awoken From My Slumber ||ANY|| - by Snout - 08-31-2018, 07:47 PM
    RE: Awoken From My Slumber ||ANY|| - by Kove - 09-03-2018, 09:31 PM
    RE: Awoken From My Slumber ||ANY|| - by Snout - 09-06-2018, 07:08 PM
    RE: Awoken From My Slumber ||ANY|| - by Kove - 09-10-2018, 08:36 AM
    RE: Awoken From My Slumber ||ANY|| - by Snout - 09-24-2018, 08:50 AM
    RE: Awoken From My Slumber ||ANY|| - by Kove - 09-30-2018, 06:48 PM