• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the sound of branches breaking under your feet || any
    Gods it was windy tonight!

Nutkin inadvertently rattles the blackberry bushes that she’s hiding it. Some late autumn berries remained on the tiny sprigs, looking rather enticing. She plucked a couple off and mashed them up with her teeth, letting some of the juice run out the corners of her mouth. Only some of the twigs snapped back and hit her in the face and the neck causing her to yelp and yell “Ow!”

So much for hiding! Nutkin gives up and shoves her way gracelessly through the bushes just as the colt she had spied moments ago starts to assure the night-drenched forest that he’s not afraid. She’s just standing there and listening to him, head cocked to the side out of curiosity as he exclaims a couple more times that he’s not afraid. Might as well show herself now, she supposes since he’s certain he heard her bumbling about in the dark.

Nutkin was about to reveal herself to him until he gets a little too arrogant and demanding. “Hunt me down? HUNT ME DOWN?!” She charges forward out of the unforgiving dark to look him dead in the face with nut-brown eyes that flash with anger. Why it’s just that silly little colt all puffed up! Still, she stamps a cloven hoof and lowers her antlered (barely grown but noticeably there) head to him, snorting.

“Nothing hunts me down in my forest.” she promises him with an earnest quiet seriousness. Her gentle girl’s voice came out braced with a backbone of steel as she looked pointedly up at him from her lowered-head stance.

@[Warden] ❤️ she’s being a brat lol
    [Image: lichenpixel-by-calcifer.png]
    let’s go be wild ones 

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the sound of branches breaking under your feet || any - by Lichen - 09-02-2018, 07:13 PM