• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

leaves all sinking, fever dreaming; ANY

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    Recognition blooms in his eyes as flowers do in spring, though these flowers bear more sadness and empathy than those which we walk among. A part of me urges him to ask, begs him to pierce the thin veil which hides the true reason for my night wandering, for my lingering around this place which first saw my return to Beqanna. Although his lips remain shut (pleasantly lilted, but shut), I almost open mine, nearly telling him about my marital problems, nearly telling him about how I'm procrastinating the most important woman in my life, nearly telling him about it all.

But my breath catches, and my secrets remain just that. He says my name, spins it anew, rearranging the syllables that make up my soul as easily as if they were but leaves strewn across this autumn floor. He frowns, readjusts his smile. As he says his name - ancient and familiar all at once - I take a step closer, still intrigued by the crystalline droplets slipping from his coat, still watching those gold-flecked eyes. Magnus. It suits him.

"I have until the morning," I reply, somber still even in the wake of his wink and his waggling tongue. "And though I am not short-winded, what takes up most of my time isn't speaking." I pause a moment, considering whether to elaborate on what I've said... But in the end, I lower my head in deference to this Magnus, not yet ready to reveal the dreams which I already weave for us in the background of my mind. I have asked him a question, after all; and I will hear his answer.

He begins with a prelude, mentioning home, causing my own eyes to glaze over as I too remember that place. Of course, home now is Hyaline (home is my wife and our children, our kingdom and our subjects), but before, home was something else entirely. Born in the Chamber, yes, but Kavi didn't keep us there long; instead, he chose to raise me where he and his siblings had been raised, among the warrior women of the Amazon Jungle.

He refocuses on me, and I do the same. His breathe billows around his dark muzzle in the cool autumn evening as his words come, and as he reaches a young boy and walked as a young man, something strange happens. My eyelids flutter, lips parting; and, although I'll never be able to explain how, I whisper  beneath my breath the exact words he says, as he says them. "The jungle where my mother ruled, where the trees grew thicker than you and the vines were as alive as us both."

As both of our voices trail into bemused silence, my lips stretch into an unbelieving smile. I want to dwell in this moment for an eternity, in the intrigue and the revelation as to why there is such a sense of familiarity between us; and soon, I will be able to suspend us in our nostalgia and longing for the jungle. But for now, I drop his gaze and laughingly clear my throat, head shaking from side to side as I attempt to understand how we'd managed to say exactly the same thing.

"Well, it was my grandmother who ruled, but I am her namesake, so it is nearly the same thing." With the words, my nutmeg eyes float back to Magnus' gold ones. Despite the sadness that I'd found the stallion with, a newfound light has been struck in the depths of my stomach; as I'd brought Rodrik back, as I've brought Kavi back, so too can I bring this stallion.

It's been some time since I've brought someone with me. I've been home for so long...

"If you could go back for just one night, would you?" I tilt my head, step closer again, though the movement is not sexual or tense. "Even if it was only in your dreams..."

I wrote this while people were talking so my poetics make no sense at all, enjoy. also why is it so fucking long, someone stop my insanity, bleghj
    @[magnus]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: leaves all sinking, fever dreaming; ANY - by Kagerus - 08-24-2018, 08:52 PM