• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

saw the fault line; started panicking (anyone)
    “I can either take you into a dream and manipulate it from there or use it to manipulate something temporary out here just by dreaming it up.”

The confession is given but he gives her no time to make a decision. His eyes close in concentration as he dreams up an intricate crown of autumn leaves that comes to sit upon her head. He doesn’t even know that she’s a queen - just that the autumn colors suit the navy and pearled fun of her fur. His eyes pop back open to take in his handiwork and the smile on his mouth is one of pure satisfaction. Abysm guessed right - she did look good in the colors of leaf-change.

In an instant the smile curdles on his face into a sour look. He should have known! “That is true,” he admits through teeth clenched together momentarily. She may not know he is that queen’s son or even suspect but the playful glint in her eyes is enough to knock him down a peg from their games. “Probably better.” he says darkly through a turn of mood that brightens just a notch because of her. 

“For now.” he avows more to himself than her. “Any emotion, not just fear?” His interest is piqued again. To cast a net of emotion upon anyone and make them feel things they’ve never felt... it seems as unimaginable as his power to manipulate dreams is. But he does not doubt her. “How much is the depth of emotion you can make someone feel?” He alone, knows why he asks this - could she make his mother love him more and love him best?

As soon as he thinks it, he dismisses it. That particular queen has a brood of children to deal with and he escaped her wide-flung net of smothering affection most of the time. By now, the roguish grim has returned to his lips.

@[Lepis] because I need more of your words <3
    i would do anything for love,
    but i won’t do that 

Messages In This Thread
    RE: saw the fault line; started panicking (anyone) - by abysm - 10-27-2018, 05:12 PM