• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

saw the fault line; started panicking (anyone)
    "If you'd show me that," I reply, "I could tell you a little more about my gift. Show you, if you'd like." I watch him carefully at that, knowing that the only emotion he is sure I can manipulate is fear. According to rumors, the last queen of my forest had also been able to elicit fear. I wonder how good she had been at it, and how useful it was when it came to controlling monsters.

Not the best, I have begun to suspect, or she would still be queen. Or perhaps she was simply weaker than I am. I might never know.

"I've heard one of the mountain queens can manipulate dreams." I add, glancing over at the sunlit treetops as though my statement was just a bit of Meadow gossip. "Is she as good as you are?" My blue-grey eyes meet his, and there is a spark of playfulness in them that hadn't been present before. His lowered voice and step closer have given our conversation a secretive nature, and I am not one to lose such an advantage.

"I can project any emotion," I add, sharing more than I'd said I would. Not waiting for payment first can be precarious, but I have had years practice in deal-making, and know that the best rewards come with risk.

@[Abysm] pfft no worries! i always love any words from you <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: saw the fault line; started panicking (anyone) - by Lepis - 09-21-2018, 07:32 AM