• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

saw the fault line; started panicking (anyone)
    As he stands in front of me, shaking his head and inquiring after the necessity of my reaction, I realize that he is not as old as I'd thought. He's still a boy, not quite a stallion yet. He apologizes and it is so reminiscent of my own son that I cannot help but smile in response. Sorry, he says, and I shake my blue-tipped muzzle in a non-verbal 'it's fine.' I don't have time to say any thing aloud, because he's asking questions.

My gift is not an oft-mentioned subject; there are few I've told. Even less know the full extent; to them it might simply be manipulation of the one emotion I'd pressed on them - relaxation to Klaudius, amusement to my mother, and now fear to Abysm.

"That was me." I reply, resettling my wings against my sides, the soft smile remaining on my face. "I could do it again, but I doubt you'd like it." I don't answer the last question he'd asked, leaving him to wonder - or perhaps to forget he'd even asked.

"And what about you?" I continue, tilting my head curiously. "Anything interesting I can't see about you?"

Messages In This Thread
    RE: saw the fault line; started panicking (anyone) - by Lepis - 09-03-2018, 03:25 PM