• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

with the snow, my hell is cold [luster]
    Though she repeats the name he gives her, the kelpie cannot find a reaction in her brown gaze. For a while, he thinks he won't get one at all, and then suddenly a smile curls along the flat line of her mouth. It changes her face entirely, if only for the brief moment before she tucks it back into the somber expression she'd been wearing. Ivar's head tilts curiously, but he only has to wonder for a moment, because she is speaking.

Though she gives few details, the scaled creature has learned to read between the unspoken lines. He is certain there is - or perhaps was - something more in Ischia than a cave that the roan mare is remembering. He doesn't presume to know what it might be, though, or why she might have chosen to leave it behind. There is no value in the past anyway, Ivar has found, at least nothing more than sentimentality, that base waste of mental capacity.

"Did the Krakens kick you out?" He asks, more for his own enjoyment than to learn the answer. Ivar finds the image amusing; almost as much as the idea of the rebranded bachelor kingdom having the strength to do anything at all. While they'd started strong, there have been fewer and fewer visitors in the past few months, and Ivar rarely sees movement on the main island anymore.

"We don't have any caves on my island." Adds the kelpie, as though that might be of interest to the roan mare. "But we also don't have to deal with the Brotherhood, so I feel its a fair trade."

ooc: where did this go? i don't knowww
    @[Luster]

Messages In This Thread
    with the snow, my hell is cold [luster] - by Ivar - 08-11-2018, 10:31 AM
    RE: with the snow, my hell is cold [luster] - by Ivar - 08-17-2018, 09:14 PM