• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

with the snow, my hell is cold [luster]
    He finds her face a moment before she answers, half-hidden by the long shadows. She might have been there since he climbed ashore, quiet and observant, but Ivar has no way of knowing that for certain. By taking a few steps he is able to shield his eyes from the bright sun overhead, and he is no longer forced to squint to get a better look at Just Me.

There isn't anything familiar about her despite the wording of her answer; the kelpie is certain he does not know this blue stranger. Where did you come from, she asks, and the piebald creature realizes that she must not have seen him swim ashore after all.

"From Ischia." he answers. He doesn't specify the location of his smaller island, nor name the inlet where he spends most of his time. For a moment, he considers repeating the question back to her, as is common when meeting a stranger in the common lands. Instead he asks: "Have you been there?"

Messages In This Thread
    with the snow, my hell is cold [luster] - by Ivar - 08-11-2018, 10:31 AM
    RE: with the snow, my hell is cold [jenger] - by Ivar - 08-12-2018, 04:13 PM