• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  here it comes with no warning; any
    Kromium ~ Karat
    Blood is Thicker than Water

She listens intently to all he says, her expression never swaying too harshly to one side or the other of the emotion spectrum.  He can tell though, that it is a lot of information and so when he finishes, he allows her to speak.  He is surprised her first reaction is sympathy of having no knowledge if his father is alive or dead.  Her eyes slip to their surrounding momentarily before returning to him.  With a bob of his head in thanks, he musters a weak smile.

He has seen much in his life as well, young as it may be.  Mutiny, takeovers, theft, murder.  If anything the trauma has made him stronger.  The heart within his metal chest beats steadily when she speaks of the darkness consuming the lands, specifically hers and he hears the weight in her voice.  Fear looks to be rising within her and he attempts to console the winged mare.  Reaching forwards his muzzle to her, his emerald eyes soft and empathetic.  He knew the pain that burdened her and it wasn't something he wished upon anyone.

What will you do?

The question was unexpected, and honestly, he hadn't found an answer.  Yet.  Often it caused him sleepless nights while watching his younger siblings rest under the starlit skies.  They had been waiting their fathers return but that hope seemed distant now.  He had to do something.  Something now.  With a sudden prick of his ears, he looks to her, "I can protect Tephra... I will keep it safe... Just as father wanted." He smiles more genuinely now, "I can keep you safe Lucrezia.  Everyone who wishes to call Tephra home, safe."   Emerald tinted face uplifts to draw in a deep breath, tasting sulfur on the slight breeze, his profile swivels to view the silhouette of the towering volcano some distance away.  He knew what he had to do... 

@[Lucrezia] So I imagine this leads into his challenge.  She can attempt to stop him or leave him go, up to you Smile

Messages In This Thread
    here it comes with no warning; any - by Lucrezia - 08-10-2018, 05:07 PM
    RE: here it comes with no warning; any - by Kromium - 08-24-2018, 07:35 PM