• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  here it comes with no warning; any

Here it comes with no warning; capsize, i'm first in the water
    Lucrezia does not let her eye contact breakaway from him either. She listens to every word he says. Every honest word that he speaks. She can feel the truth within them.

While often she does like honesty, she cannot help herself from liking the words he first speaks. It feels like a dull blade being stabbed into her heart. The pain is unreal, something she cannot imagine going through again. It stabs at her again, once again within her life.

Was it the greed for power that this young boy’s father sought for? Was it protection for his own family that he wanted to secure?

She doesn’t know, truly. The only thing she can do is continue to listen. She listens as he speaks more of what has happened recently within the last year of Tephra. Others disappearing and being stolen from their own home.

Tephra was no longer a safe place it seemed. Now she understands why Warrick had appeared so full of sadness and heavy with burden when she had returned to the volcanic land. She knows what the weight of the crown can be. The uncertainty that is felt when you are not sure where to go when darkness only surrounds you.

“I’m sorry,” she all she can muster first. Lucrezia doesn’t know how to handle what she has hard. The fear of her home weighs heavily within her and she has only just returned. The very news is shocking to her. The very core of her hope was being shaken and tested.

Lucrezia turns her gaze away from him now. Her thoughts become clouded of the days she remembers her world changing several times. Each one of them pushing and challenging her ways she has never thought she would ever overcome. But each time she has fought the darkness and demons that try and overcome her. Each time she has become more resilient.

“I don’t know where your father is,” she says at least breaking the silence, “but I hope he is okay.” Her gaze then finally returns to meet the other horses own gaze. “It seems I have returned when times are dark, not just for Beqanna, but within my own home.” Lucrezia mules over her thoughts, not certain where to go with her words. She is always one to be perfect with what she says. Her words have always been her weapon, but now they are her weakness.

She bites her lower lip absent-mindedly, considering what to do and what to say next. It’s impossible for her to take a step forward in this situation. Was she speaking to someone who would harm her own home? Would he come seeking vengeance for the disappearance of his father? Lucrezia could already tell Krom was one who cared deep for her family. She valued that very much, but when it came down to her own family she would have to fight for her own too.

“What will you do?” she finally asks, her tone is blunt and straightforward.
    ...too close to the bottom.
    html © samshine| character info: here | picture reference: here

@[Kromium]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    here it comes with no warning; any - by Lucrezia - 08-10-2018, 05:07 PM
    RE: here it comes with no warning; any - by Lucrezia - 08-24-2018, 01:41 PM