• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  here it comes with no warning; any
    Kromium ~ Karat
    Blood is Thicker than Water

It had been nearly a year since their father had told them they must leave Tephra.  That he would return for them when he had secured the land as theirs, his.  There isn't a day that goes by, that he does not wonder what has happened.  Why he has not returned for them. His father had said to not look for him if he did not come back and who was he to go against his father's wishes.  Though Krom fears the worst, he knows he must be strong for his sisters.  Which is what brings him here today.

Emerald tassels brush gently at his hocks, as his ears tip towards the mare.  When she seems perplexed at her own answer, his crown tilts slightly in concern.  Trying the best he can to not pry for what she could possibly mean.  How does one 'think' their home is well with such uncertainty?  He settles for a nod of acknowledgement and musters smile.  It was really none of his business anyhow.

Not yet.

Her next question catches him slightly off guard, but he does not falter.  If Krom was anything, it was honest.  So he replies without breaking eye contact, "My father has gone to challenge for Tephra... Or had.  We are unsure.  It has been nearly a year since we seen him last."  His admittance may be shocking to someone who had not previously known of the situation, but that doesn't stop the words from spilling from his lips.  He continues though, "That, as I know, was the last thing to happen there.  Before that, others were disappearing.  Members of Tephra, stolen from the beaches.  My sister included.  Though she came home alive... My mother was not so lucky." Even his voice does not quiver at the mentioning of his mother's untimely death.  He has accepted the things he cannot change, and that is why he must secure a home for what remains of his family...

@[Lucrezia] Info overload lol.  I'll stop here so I know how Lu reacts Smile

Messages In This Thread
    here it comes with no warning; any - by Lucrezia - 08-10-2018, 05:07 PM
    RE: here it comes with no warning; any - by Kromium - 08-21-2018, 09:38 PM