• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Trust in your dream, come on and rescue me - Jenova
    something about the dark. something about our bodies, and the way we find one another.
    something about the place where fear melts in the mouth and gets lost in kisses and under fingernails.

She trusts him. She curls into the palm of his hand and presents all of herself to him so willingly that it might seem like a trap to those more world-weary. And here she is again, offering up what little she has to try and uplift his sprits even a little bit. Her pale blue head tilts a little as he responds to her with half-hearted cheer but she still sees some darkness in his eyes. Yet she does not pry or try to weasel his secrets out of him. Instead, she smiles like sunshine and flower petals at the sound of his voice.

I’ll keep you company for as long as you like, Leilan. For forever, if that’s what makes you happiest,” she says as she steps a little closer to him. Something in her stirs at the memory of his skin against hers but she maintains a short distance between them. It doesn’t feel right to satisfy her cravings for such things when she fears something may be wrong. And besides, he’s talking about seeing the island, so maybe she’ll even get a tour today. The idea of exploring somewhere other than the commonlands sounds thrilling to her.

I mostly came to see you and keep my promise, but I would love to see your home as well.” Her voice is thick like honey without her meaning it to be; it just rolls off her tongue and over her lips so easily around him. “Show me all the secret places you like best.

Before she even knows it, she’s pressed herself to him again. The feathers of her wings fluff up for a moment when their body heat mingles into one, then the appendage goes smooth once again. Just as before, her cheeks grow warm as she becomes nervous, but she doesn’t flinch or flee from the electric feeling of their contact. She chastises herself for not being more mature and resisting her simple urges while her friend is clearly in some sort of pain. Still, maybe he doesn’t think she’s a terrible friend so long as he recognizes the actual concern for him beneath her exterior. She’s a bleeding heart regardless of all the primitive wants and needs gnashing their teeth within her.
    Jenova
    something about the sanctity of trust, of midnight confessions,
    of held breath let out on a sigh like a smoke signal, a safe harbor.
    some kind of magic. the kind that’s only for us.
    @[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Trust in your dream, come on and rescue me - Jenova - by Jenova - 08-13-2018, 01:13 AM