• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Trust in your dream, come on and rescue me - Jenova

Leilan
    Demons run,
    but count the cost!
    Friendship dies and true love lies
    Night will fall and the dark will rise
    There's things that fade, and some that last long enough. Thalassa was one. Roseen, too, and Jenova also fit that bill. An angel, a rose, and a sky fairy, to distract him from the dove. If he was fair to himself, it was sad, and, sometimes his face portrayed just that. But most of the time he was angry at himself. Regret was an emotion he'd thought he knew, but his angry lashing out at Breckin had him realize that what he'd regretted before was only about 10% of the emotion he felt now.

But such things were subject to change over time, also. With days and weeks passing, he more or less knew what he wanted, and that for the life of him he could not get what he wanted. So he went with the second best thing. Chryseis was another love of his, and to be frank, much more accessible and one that did not resent him. The love he felt for her was different, more natural, and most of all, not someone that would likely reject him.

Why not have more of that?

Substitutes, he's looking for substitutes. He knows this, Thal seemed to be on to it, but he neglected talking to her about it. Roseen seemed to maybe know it, although maybe she really did think she could change him. An Jen? He did think she was oblivious last time, but maybe he would have changed enough for her to notice something was off. But such a naive young mare - so easily manipulated, and, to be fair, not shy to the touch.

There were worse things in the world than thinking of her and wondering what she might do if he did advance. What her wings had felt like on his skin. He'd want that again; such a pretty little thing, and he could use a pretty little fling.

He knows he's going to try for more sometime in the future. If not her, then anybody else. But as if thoughts could summon, one of those mares was just about on top of him - "Jen!" His expression lifts - not fully, not enough, but close. "I guess you could keep me company maybe. Did you come to see the island?"
    the battle's won, but the child is lost

@[Jenova] Hmm I don't think he wants to hurt her that way... still would probably, emotionally. He's just gonna be 'using' her to be pretend-happy I guess. Worst thing is he knows what he's doing. :/
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Trust in your dream, come on and rescue me - Jenova - by Leilan - 08-11-2018, 02:02 PM